- Remote locations have limited connectivity, no landlines, and unstable power sources
- Data requirements change significantly from year to year and country to country
- Industry-standard solutions were not an option due to high costs and complexity
- Offline functionality allows caregivers to use Android tablets even without reliable network connectivity
- Couchbase’s schemaless document-oriented database allows AEDES to easily support a broad range of data models
- By pairing Couchbase with commodity hardware, AEDES can quickly and easily scale up, down, and horizontally
The Couchbase installation works even better than expected. It’s like magic happening behind the scenes.
Loïc Vaes CERHIS Project Manager, AEDES
- User profile
- Session store
- Endpoint/device mgmt.
Going Digital Without Reliable Internet
Couchbase Mobile helps AEDES bring modern medicine to sub-Saharan Africa mobile apps that work without a network connection.
AEDES Improves Mobile Health Services
AEDES partners with Couchbase to build a mobile hospital information system that could change healthcare in central Africa.
NoSQL for Healthcare
A NoSQL database system for healthcare that powers medical innovation.
Build customer 360 solutions that provide an accurate, real-time view of your customers across all channels and devices.
Arm your field employees with responsive applications that work all the time regardless of network availability.