calling and messaging events per day
reduction in number of total servers
- Accommodate rapid, continuous growth, storing petabytes of data in a data lake
- Process 10 to 15 billion events per day – more than 300,000 events per second
- Implement a database that could provide scalable performance – while reducing the datacenter footprint and minimizing complexity
- Replaced Redis and MongoDB stack with Couchbase
- Reduced total number of servers from 300+ to ~120
- Delivers a responsive experience with real-time user profile updates
- Increased performance with half the database servers on AWS
- Simplified management with a single Couchbase tier
With less than half the servers, we’re able to increase performance and gain a much better, scalable architecture.
Amir Ish-Shalom Senior Director of Operations and Chief Architect, Viber
Viber: Maintaining a real-time viber
Gaining the scalable performance to process up to 15 billion calling and messaging events per day with Couchbase.
NoSQL for Telecommunications
Support massive amounts of data while delivering value-add services in real time, all the time.
Get unlimited scalability and flexibility and fuse the greatest strengths of relational and NoSQL with Couchbase Server.