About Paddy Power Betfair
Transactions per second
Events processed in 3 minutes
- Oracle was difficult and expensive to adapt for object-oriented languages, scalability, and continuous deliverability
- Needed to consolidate numerous NoSQL solutions that weren’t optimal for their use cases
- Had to process volatile datasets for real-time betting for millions of users
- Couchbase provides an easy-to-use database for developers and operations, and is the ideal infrastructure for virtualization and cloud
- Improved performance, flexibility, and scalability of NoSQL deployments
- Processes over 500K events in 3 minutes for more than 7 million active customers
- Processes over 1 million replication transactions per second
Couchbase Server is designed for massively concurrent data use and consistently high throughput. It provides consistent sub-millisecond response times, which help ensure an enjoyable experience for application users.
Alexandru Objelean Senior Software Engineer, Paddy Power Betfair
Paddy Power Betfair and Couchbase
Paddy Power Betfair processes 500K events every 3 minutes for more than 7 million active customers with Couchbase.
Introduction to Couchbase NoSQL Database
An overview by Betfair: providing consistency and outstanding performance at the same time with Couchbase.
Online Betting Beats the Odds
A look at how online betting sites are using database technology to meet the huge demand.
NoSQL for Media & Entertainment
Meet user demand while maintaining uptime for your applications with Couchbase's NoSQL database solution for media and entertainment companies.
Build enterprise-grade Customer 360 solutions that deliver an accurate, real-time view of customers across all channels and devices.
Catalog & Inventory Management
Deliver relevant product content and real-time inventory availability.