- Field sales reps needed an offline-available solution they could use in stores to perform a variety of sales functions regardless of internet connectivity
- The solution had to include a way to store data on devices in the field along with a strong sync engine that auto syncs whenever a connection is available
- The solution also had to be 5G compatible, have a flexible modular architecture for development and operations, and the ability to process a high number of transactions
- 30,000 users can now perform operations, including placing orders, merchandising stores, and managing sales in stores without disruption, even without an internet connection
- Information is readily available to sales reps anywhere, and data is captured in the field on Couchbase’s embedded database and then auto synced with the server using Sync Gateway when there’s a reliable connection
- Hundreds of thousands of documents are able to flow back and forth between the devices and the server
We penetrate more than 95% of households with our products, so we need to have a robust supply chain as well as a good frontline sales application to be able to manage the orders and deliver products.
Madhav Mekala Director of Mobile App Development, PepsiCo
Leaders of Innovation – PepsiCo
PepsiCo’s Director of Mobile App Development chats with Couchbase’s CTO about modernizing applications and the evolving role of the cloud.
PepsiCo’s Inventory Management Modernization
Learn how PepsiCo partnered with Couchbase to modernize their legacy application and adapt to changing demands of employees and customers.
Build secure and resilient mobile applications that provide real-time responsiveness and guaranteed business uptime.
NoSQL for Manufacturing & Logistics
Give employees responsive applications that work anywhere, all the time.
Arm your field employees with responsive applications that work all the time regardless of network availability.