Couchbase as a Service
Mobile & Edge
Build faster with Capella. Simple and automated setup, management, maintenance, backups, and scaling – delivering security and high availability on AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Flexible: JSON documents align to objects in your applications
- Fast: Integrated cache delivers proven in-memory speeds at scale
- Versatile: Access data via SQL or key-value; built-in full-text search, eventing, and analytics
- Easy as SQL: Capella iQ, AI-powered assistant, to interact with data and write code.
- Mobile App Services: Build always-on apps that work even without the internet. Sync, store, query, search, and analyze at the edge.
Test drive: Try Capella’s core features free for 30 days. Start in minutes.
A full-featured, multimodel distributed NoSQL database. Experience the unmatched flexibility, familiarity, and performance of NoSQL on the easiest platform to manage and scale, all risk-free as you transform your business with modern business-critical applications.
- A binary package of Couchbase Community Edition, our free, source-available distribution of Couchbase Server.
- Best suited for non-enterprise developers when basic education, availability, performance, tooling, and query is sufficient.
- Our open source NoSQL database is available free of charge for both development and production, and supported by the Couchbase community forum
- Community Edition does not undergo the same “test, fix, and verify” quality assurance cycles as Enterprise.
- To use some of the latest features in Server 7, you will need to download a recent SDK. See SDK compatibility chart to learn more.
- Note: Community Edition version 7 and higher is limited to five node clusters.
Couchbase Autonomous Operator
Couchbase Lite is a standards-based embedded NoSQL JSON document database for edge devices running mobile, desktop, server, and IoT applications. The Enterprise Edition builds on the robust functionality included in the Community Edition, and includes features such as encryption, peer-to-peer inter-device sync, on-device failover, predictive query API for machine learning predictions, delta sync for optimized data transfer, and more.
Couchbase Lite is a standards-based embedded NoSQL JSON document database for edge devices running mobile, desktop, server, and IoT applications. Designed around the world’s most popular embedded database (SQLite), Couchbase Lite’s robust query API has SQL-based semantics, indexing support, full-text search, and eventing, which enables developers to build and deploy robust applications on embedded platforms.
Enterprise-grade Sync Gateway builds on the strong foundations of the Community version and includes scaling, performance, availability, and security enhancements for business-critical mobile and edge computing applications. Features include delta sync for optimized data transfer, sharding of imports, tunable options for cache management, load balancing and HA of inter-Sync Gateway replications, and more.
Couchbase Sync Gateway enables secure data sync between Couchbase Lite enabled edge devices and the backend database hosted in Couchbase Server, or between edge and cloud datacenters. The open source Community Edition includes support for secure sync and data routing with fine-grained access control and authorization.