reduction in sign-in time
- Overcome limitations of legacy Oracle RDBMS to offer seamless viewing experience during massive peaks like Game of Thrones
- Quickly create and update products (e.g., Sky Go and Sky Online) to add new customers
- Distribute traffic load and implement DR
- Unmatchable performance at scale ensures superior user experience
- Flexible data model supports faster time to market for new products
- Ease of maintenance and scaling lowered capital and ops costs
- XDCR transfers data to multiple datacenters, reducing sign-in time by 50% and dropping recovery time from hours to minutes
There are many key factors that made us choose Couchbase: scalability, high availability, XDCR, flexible schema, and advanced monitoring, to name a few.
Krishnan Venkatasubramanian Head of IT Architecture, Sky
- User profile store
- Multi-dimensional scaling
- Cross datacenter replication
- In-memory database
Couchbase at Sky: Couchbase Connect
Explore challenges around data persistency that Sky faced, as well as the transition from SQL to NoSQL.
Deliver a winning customer experience
Learn how Couchbase helps customers prepare for major events like the Super Bowl, Black Friday, or the World Cup.
Get unlimited scalability and the flexibility and fuse the greatest strengths of relational and NoSQL with Couchbase Server.
NoSQL for Media & Entertainment
Meet user demand while maintaining uptime for your applications with Couchbase's NoSQL database solution for media and entertainment companies.
Other Media & Entertainment Customers
Learn about NoSQL customers that are leveraging Couchbase for some of the world’s most demanding web, mobile and IoT apps.