monthly active users
- Enable the development team to do more with less with a flexible, highly functional and low maintenance database in place
- Provide a seamless, synchronized data experience for users regardless of app traffic
- Provide a consistent experience without any disruptions, even when network connectivity is unreliable
- Increased performance, scalability, and application speed for Lotum’s most popular mobile game, 4 Pics 1 Word
- A synchronized gaming experience for users across all devices including mobile and web apps to ensure accurate stats and scores are displayed
- Offline-first capabilities ensure apps are always available and fast, with or without internet connectivity
With Couchbase and Capella, millions of players are able to use the devices of their choice without losing profile data, and they’re able to have a consistent experience without any disruptions, even when network connectivity is unreliable. Since gamers have a low tolerance for delays or lag, these capabilities are critical for us.
Lars Schmeller Team Lead, Lotum
- Offline first
- Main data store
NoSQL for Gaming
Maintain 100% uptime, scale in real time, and provide users a responsive and personalized experience with Couchbase's NoSQL database for gaming.
Creating a Unified Gaming Experience
Discover the Lotum improved player experience for millions of global users with Couchbase Capella.
Unifying Gaming Experiences at Lotum
Capella delivers a consistent and always-on experience for Lotum game users, regardless of network connectivity.
Capella App Services
Build apps faster and connect to your data anywhere without managing backend servers.
Get Couchbase’s distributed NoSQL database as a fully managed service, including mobile and IoT application services with Couchbase Capella.