Here at Couchbase, the success of our customers is a top priority. We take pride in helping our customers propel their businesses forward with modern, high-performing, reliable applications. We’re excited to share that we saw a great deal of customer momentum in Q2, including Capella, Mobile, and Server.
Last week, during our second quarter fiscal 2023 earnings call, we shared some customer highlights from the quarter:
- Game developer, publisher and technology provider East Side Games selected Capella this quarter. This new customer is migrating from our Community Edition to our fully hosted offering, allowing its development team to focus on building engaging, responsive, and scalable gaming experiences instead of ongoing database management. Unlocking more of these Community Edition to Capella migrations is an important focus of our go-to-market organization, and we expect to see many more of them in the back half of the year.
- Another new Capella win was French social networking app Yubo, which allows its millions of users to create video live streams with their friends. Yubo selected Capella on Google Cloud over the incumbent cloud database for a new use case and features on the app due to the performance, ease of use, and scalability that our database-as-a-service provides.
- Playgon is a SaaS technology gaming company focused on developing and licensing digital content for the growing iGaming market. They were an existing Couchbase customer and in Q2, expanded their relationship with us by migrating to and expanding their investment in Capella. We support their game player and betting data stores and this customer selected our fully managed service for greater developer agility and better total cost of ownership.
- We grew our relationship with a Fortune 50 home improvement retailer. This customer relies on Couchbase Server for their main corporate order management system application as well as for their product master data management. Since becoming a customer, they have significantly grown their use of Couchbase in their cloud environment, and we have become of strategic importance to their technology stack and business.
- Another significant expansion during the quarter was with a leader in fast food restaurants, which uses Couchbase Mobile for their peer to peer tablet based point of sale system at restaurants to ensure a speedy and reliable experience for customers and staff. This is an excellent example of how our unique Mobile capabilities are driving a multitude of connectionless applications at the edge, all aligned towards driving a more compelling customer experience through digital transformation. With over tens of thousands of restaurants worldwide, this Fortune 500 customer will increase their Couchbase spend by more than 10x their prior purchase, and they continue to see growth opportunities ahead with Couchbase.
We’re thankful for another great quarter and for the positive relationships we continue to build with our customers.
If you’re interested in learning more about how you can build your own modern applications on Couchbase, try our 30 day free trial of Couchbase Capella. And to see more of what our customers are doing with Couchbase, check out our customer case study page!