reduction in licensing fees
digital audience served each month
- SQL Server caused outages and replication issues, while MongoDB was difficult to scale
- User experiences have to work seamlessly across a wide variety of devices and content types
- Hybrid cloud strategy requires easy database portability
- Licensing fees were excessive
- High reliability, simple scalability, and easy manageability
- Flexibility to easily support multiple schemas using JSON documents
- Couchbase is cloud native and deploys in minutes on the leading cloud platforms
- Licensing fees were only 25% of what Gannett paid for SQL Server
We looked at multiple NoSQL options including MongoDB and Cassandra, and we really liked the architecture of Couchbase – the memory-first approach, N1QL, and cross datacenter replication.
Gannett Platform Architecture Lead, Gannett
- User profile store
- In-memory database
- Cross datacenter replication
Gannett Embraces NoSQL and Cloud
Read how Gannett underwent massive changes in its business and overhauled its technology platform to make it more nimble with Couchbase.
Why Gannett Switched From MongoDB
Gannett details their struggles and reasons for moving from MongoDB to Couchbase.
Gannett Achieves Scalability and Agility
Gannett moved away from SQL Server to Couchbase for storing updating and retrieving millions of documents.
Compare Couchbase vs. MongoDB™
Learn why companies switch from MongoDB to Couchbase: better performance when scaling out, simple SQL++ query language, avoid integrating separate technology capabilities, easy mobile deployments.
NoSQL for Media & Entertainment
Meet user demand while maintaining uptime for your applications with Couchbase modern database for media and entertainment companies.
Build enterprise-grade Customer 360 solutions that deliver an accurate, real-time view of customers across all channels and devices.