One of Couchbase’s values is to make tomorrow better than today. We live this value everyday, especially when it comes to our customers. We are passionate about ensuring their success as they adopt our modern database for enterprise apps to make tomorrow better than today for them.
Couchbase recently announced its third quarter fiscal 2022 results (press release here), and during the investor call management discussed some customer wins in the quarter and how enterprises are leveraging the power of Couchbase to transform their businesses. Here are some customer highlights from the call as well as other exciting customer stories from the third quarter:
- MGEN Technologies, a leading insurance company in France, began its modernization journey by selecting Couchbase over another NoSQL solution in order to replace its legacy Oracle and Postgres infrastructure. Couchbase is now powering their Datahub – the system of record for more than 4 million people that they insure. The Datahub must be able to continuously ingest a large volume of data but also expose this data to consuming applications through Rest APIs. MGEN chose Couchbase due to our ability to join a large volume of data, Full Text Search, scalability, and supporting a large number of transactions with low latency.
- Another new win from the quarter, which was also our largest Capella deal to date, was with a leading financial services provider that empowers billions of people and millions of merchants to buy and sell online across emerging global markets. The company chose Capella on AWS over MongoDB Atlas to power its payment gateway. This customer’s development team cited database performance and the familiarity of our SQL++ query language as the key factors in their decision to partner with Couchbase.
- Domino’s Pizza significantly expanded with Couchbase. Domino’s will be using Couchbase for real-time, point-of-purchase customer segmentation and behavior analytics to determine customer lifetime value, and to deliver personalized marketing campaigns. They were able to take existing customer preferences and combine that with new data to take action in hours vs. weeks or months as was previously the case. This is a great land-and-expand example– once customers adopt our technology, they quickly find new use cases. With our platform, Domino’s can deliver not only the perfect pizza, but also insights to its internal business partners in real-time.
- Auto-manufacturer Toyota Astra Motor Indonesia selected Couchbase over entrenched incumbent Microsoft SQL Server to power its marketing research applications. Prior to the evaluation process, Toyota Astra Motor Indonesia had no prior experience using NoSQL, but the familiarity of Couchbase’s familiar query language SQL++ served as the bridge to the development team, while the performance benchmark proved Couchbase had better performance than MSSQL Server.
- Finally, a leading cruise company expanded with Couchbase which serves as a key component for their application modernization journey. This customer’s entire fleet relies on Couchbase to provide critical data services for their guest experience application, and other key applications located on both ship and shore. Couchbase has improved the cruiseline’s ability to move data on and off the ships and this has been impactful for improving customer experience, ship board operations and currency of data.
We’re excited to see such customer momentum and of course are energized to keep it coming. If you’re interested in learning why some of the world’s largest enterprises run their most mission-critical applications and architect their applications on Couchbase, be sure to start your 30 day free trial of Couchbase Capella today. And for more interesting customer stories, visit our customer case study page.