We recently announced that Capella would be coming to Azure and today users can take Capella for a test drive on Microsoft’s cloud platform. With the extension of Capella to Azure it means that customers will be able to use Capella across all three major cloud providers in order to support their multicloud and hybrid cloud strategies.
Capella is a fully managed database-as-a-service (DBaaS) that simplifies database management, reduces costs, provides flexibility for developers, and enables high performance for modern applications. Its user-friendly interface, similar to popular tools like GitHub, and the use of SQL++ as the query language, make it easy for developers and other users to learn and use, resulting in increased agility and productivity across organizations.
Couchbase Capella user benefits include:
- Development flexibility. Capella is a fully managed database that supports JSON documents, key-value storage, and SQL access, as well as built-in full-text search, eventing, and analytics to support a wide variety of use cases and workloads
- Cost efficiency at scale. Its real-time, memory-first architecture ensures fast response times for interactive and personalized applications, while its cost-effective price-performance improves as users scale
- Mobile and IoT app synchronization. Capella App Services ensure that mobile and IoT apps are always available, even without web connectivity, thanks to its unique syncing, storing, querying, searching, and analytics capabilities at the edge.
- High availability and automated scaling. Customers can easily adjust the number of nodes to meet their current needs without affecting the application, resulting in guaranteed global data reliability across all regions and availability zones through native replication across geo-aware, multi-cloud clusters
Check out the following demo for a quick overview of Capella.
Get started with Couchbase Capella
- Find out more about Capella
- Start a free trial and test drive Couchbase’s database-as-a-service
- Learn more about building mobile apps with Capella’s App Services
- Dig into more Couchbase videos on our YouTube channel
- CE user? Learn why to move to Capella
Familiar with Couchbase and want to engage with our community?
The Couchbase Community is a great way for users to learn and get involved with our team and other users. Find out more.