transactions per second
- On a single central mainframe, an outage could cost millions in lost booking revenue
- Maintaining the reservation system and updating the mainframe was very costly
- Wanted to move to a cloud-forward strategy, use commodity hardware, and lower licensing costs
- Needed to deploy new applications faster and more reliably
- Data replicated to multiple geographic areas optimizes response times and improves availability
- A scalable, flexible cloud-based model reduces application development costs and improves speed
- Developers use SQL for JSON to deliver personalized customer experiences
- Couchbase supports 30 million documents, accessed at 4,000 transactions per second
For many many years, we said, 'Wouldn't it be nice to have a data store where we could go from the Java object right into the database and back without a big translation and lots of overhead?' Well, this is it.
Thomas Vidnovic Solutions Architect, Marriott International
Marriott Transforms Its Legacy Systems
Learn how Marriott uses Couchbase to deliver personalized customer experiences, improve online reliability, and release new apps faster.
Sublime Summer Travel With Couchbase
See how travel and hospitality industry giants including Marriott leverage Couchbase for always fast, always on applications that delight travellers with personalized experiences.
Continuing Digital Evolution at Marriott
Marriott speaks about transforming their infrastructure with Couchbase, enabling them to deploy new applications faster and more reliably.
NoSQL for Travel & Hospitality
Learn how Couchbase delivers the scale, high performance, and reliability today's travel and hospitality applications require.
Catalog & Inventory Management
Deliver relevant product and service content and real-time inventory availability.