As Couchbase’s community of users and contributors continues to grow around the world, we are constantly exploring ways to further empower those leaders in our community who are passionate about Couchbase, who are experts in our technology and who are keen to share their knowledge with a broader audience. Today, we’re thrilled to announce the launch of our new Couchbase Ambassador Program, which is designed to support and empower these individuals.
About Couchbase Ambassadors
The program provides a simple set of tools and resources to help Ambassadors build community by traveling to speak at events, by contributing educational content via our blog or Youtube channel and by being the voice of the community at Couchbase leadership meetings.
Who are Couchbase Ambassadors?
The title of “Ambassador” is a distinction that Couchbase awards to select members of the community that are both experts in their field and love to share their Couchbase expertise with others. It could be you!
- You have deep technical knowledge of Couchbase and experience using our products
- You have a strong willingness and desire to advocate for Couchbase and engage developers
- You can commit at least 1 hour a week to your Ambassador duties (see below)
What are Ambassadors expected to do?
Once you’re in the program, you’re encouraged to engage our community in different ways. Ambassadors volunteer their precious time so we operate on a “do whatever you’re motivated to do” basis.
- Attend and participate in product/company briefings with Couchbase staff and be the voice of the community
- Create content to educate and raise awareness (articles, blog posts)
- Speak and advocate to developers (workshops, events, webinars, podcasts)
- Share Couchbase news and products on your social networks
- Monitor community forums and Stack Overflow to triage issues and answer questions
What value does one get by becoming an Ambassador?
Apart from awesome swag, there are many ways Ambassadors benefit from joining the program:
- Direct access to senior technical staff, Couchbase leadership and our customers/partners
- Attend internal product/company briefings from Couchbase
- Provide insights from the community and influence product roadmap and strategy
- Opportunity to gain exposure and elevate your personal brand
- All inclusive travel to join team offsites/company events
Become an Ambassador today!
If this all resonates with you, then your next step is to apply to join the program and Couchbase’s Community Team will follow-up with you shortly. We look forward to welcoming you into the program and building community together!