Couchbase Server 5.0 is here!!!
I am thrilled to announce the availability of this major release. Couchbase Server 5.0 is the latest release of the most powerful NoSQL technology.
Couchbase Server, the foundation of the Couchbase Data Platform, allows enterprises to deliver exceptional customer experiences with applications that are built faster, perform better, and are easier to manage. Built on the most powerful NoSQL technology, it provides unmatched agility and manageability – as well as unparalleled performance at any scale – to power ever-richer and ever more personalized engagement.
With this release, we have focused on below three major pillars with many large enhancements in each area.
Agility and flexibility
- Full-text search
- Adaptive indexing
- Query plan visualization
- Subquery expressions everywhere
- External data access and federated queries
- Analytics Service [Developer Preview 2]
Performance at scale
- Ephemeral in-memory buckets
- N1QL query performance enhancements
- Plasma: New Efficient and Performant Storage Engine
- Role-based access control
- Fast node failover
- Index replication
- N1QL Query monitoring and Query monitoring UI
- Newly designed web console
- Enhanced container and cloud deployment options
- New import and export tools
Throughout our 5.0 beta program over the last few months, we have received very positive feedback about the product from many community users and customers. We greatly appreciate our early adopters and like to thank everyone who provided feedback.
I am happy to announce the release of Couchbase Server 5.0 today. To learn more, join us at Couchbase Connect SV Conference and also upcoming webinar with tour of the product and live demos.
Here are some resources to get you started –