604 Arizona Avenue
Santa Monica, CA 90401
About the Event
Join us for Couchbase Day in Santa Monica on February 4, 2016. This free day-long NoSQL educational event will feature a combination of hands-on workshops and presentations to help you get started building applications on a distributed multi-model database.
During this day, you will:
- Learn how to download, install, and get started with Couchbase, a leading NoSQL database
- Get hands-on experience with NoSQL data modeling, application design and development and administration
- Be introduced to SQL for JSON – a SQL-based query language for document databases
- See how mobile is becoming a key requirement for the enterprise and learn about Couchbase’s innovative mobile capabilities – which include a database for the device and configurable synchronization
To ensure you get the most out of the hands-on workshop, please bring your own laptop with VirtualBox, Vagrant and an SSH client installed.
- VirtualBox 5.0
- VirtualBox Extension Pack
- At least 10GB of free space on your local hard drive
- SSH client of some sort. For example, PuTTy.
*Help with Prerequisites:
Lab Environment Set Up: Between 8:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m., our team will be available to help you get set up with Vagrant/Virtual Box and troubleshoot any set up or environment issues.
Who should attend? If you’re a developer, architect, or operations expert who is new to Couchbase or wants to learn more, this is the event for you.
|8:30 AM||Registration, Continental Breakfast & Lab Environment Set Up*|
|9:00 AM||Introduction to NoSQL & Couchbase 4.0|
|10:00 AM||Couchbase Architecture - How Things Work|
|11:00 AM||Document Modeling|
|12:45 PM||Development with Couchbase|
|1:45 PM||Couchbase Indexing|
|2:15 PM||Couchbase Query (N1QL)|
|3:00 PM||Couchbase Mobile|
Senior Manager, Field Marketing