reduction in charting costs
reduction in manual processes
increase in number of patients seen
- Rural clinics had to use paper medical records due to limited or unreliable electricity and internet
- Mobile clinics had to store paper records at a fixed remote location, which meant they weren’t available on-site for future follow-up care
- Using paper charts and records is time-intensive, decreasing the number of patients that can be seen in a day
- Offline-first peer-to-peer networking creates a seamless patient experience and cuts charting costs by 20% compared to paper
- When internet access is available, all patient records sync to the cloud, enabling clinics to access the data for future care
- BackpackEMR’s SaaS has reduced manual processes by 25% and increased the number of patients seen by 30%
Oftentimes, these clinics have limited or no internet access. The peer-to-peer synchronization in Couchbase Mobile enables patient data to be shared across the clinic seamlessly in real time.
Lori Most CEO, BackpackEMR
Modern Medical for Remote Patients
See how BackpackEMR uses Couchbase Mobile to facilitate pop-up clinics, provide access to histories, track follow-up treatments, and generate metrics.
Announcing Community Awards Winners
Backpack EMR recognized for the Community Architecture and Innovation category in first ever Couchbase Community Awards.