- Monolithic Oracle environment was expensive to scale and too inflexible for varied data types
- Cassandra and MongoDB were hard to manage and lacked key features
- Needed to operate in at least two separate datacenters and have disaster recovery capabilities between them
- Multi-dimensional scaling delivers easy, cost-effective growth on commodity hardware
- Cross datacenter replication provides simple bidirectional replication for better DR
- Hadoop integration allows analysis of unstructured data
- Flexible schema enables agile response to changing data needs
The Couchbase installation was infinitely easier for our developers to get up and running. It required almost no operational overhead.
Tom Coates Sr. Principal Architect, Nuance
Architecture for AI
Nuance uses AI to reinvent the relationship between people and technology. Learn why the company chose Couchbase to migrate off Oracle.
Replication for Multi-Region, Active-Activ...
Explore replication across customer architectures, including conflict resolution, flexible topology, and ease of management.
Switching From Relational to NoSQL
Interview about using Oracle at Nuance and what were the driving factors in why they switched to Couchbase: types of data and the transition process.
NoSQL for High Tech
Leading companies in the high-tech space rely on Couchbase to build engaging, responsive, and scalable applications.
Build enterprise-grade Customer 360 solutions that deliver an accurate, real-time view of customers across all channels and devices.