Couchbase today announced it was named a leader by an independent research firm in “The Forrester Wave™: Big Data NoSQL, Q3 2016.” We believe Couchbase’s standing in the report reflects its significant momentum in enabling leading organizations in verticals such as e-commerce, online video-streaming, healthcare, financial services, and gaming to succeed in today’s Digital Economy.
“NoSQL is not an option — it has become a necessity to support next-generation applications…29 percent of technology decision-makers in our 2016 survey tell us they have either already implemented or are implementing NoSQL technology; 12 percent are expanding or upgrading their implementations,” said the Forrester report.
The report examined 26 criteria to evaluate big data NoSQL solution providers. Couchbase was recognized in the report for providing “ease of use for document-oriented databases… Customers (such as AT&T, eBay, LinkedIn, McGraw Hill Education, Orbitz, and Tesco)… use the product to support various mission-critical workloads, including operational, analytical, and mixed workloads.”
As organizations continue to move into the Digital Economy, Couchbase’s leading NoSQL solution provides customers with the ability to:
- Support large numbers of concurrent users (tens of thousands, perhaps millions)
- Deliver highly responsive experiences to a globally distributed base of users
- Be always available – with no downtime
- Handle semi- and unstructured data seamlessly
- Rapidly adapt to changing demands, thanks to its schemaless JSON data model
"Couchbase has grown substantially in the past two years and we are thrilled to be recognized as a leader in NoSQL technology and see, in our opinion, our adoption and innovation recognized by a leading firm,” said Bob Wiederhold, CEO of Couchbase. “We are seeing an increasing number of global enterprise companies using our services for a wide variety of complex, highly scalable and mission critical Digital Economy applications, proving the heights of NoSQL are just now being realized.”
● Visit our website to learn more about Couchbase can help you
● Sign up for Couchbase Days, a free training session in a city near you.
Kiley Nichols, MSLGROUP