Couchbase Hires New Sales Director for Growth in Asia and Israel
January 16, 2014
Former Aerospike Director Eric Gold to Support Company’s Global Expansion
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – January 16, 2014 – Couchbase, the fastest-growing NoSQL technology provider and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, today announced the hiring of Eric Gold as sales director for Asia and Israel. Gold’s appointment reinforces the company’s global growth strategy.
- Gold, an international business veteran, comes to Couchbase with 20 years of experience working with U.S. and Israel-based startups.
- He joins the company from Aerospike, where he served as Managing Director of International.
- In his new role at Couchbase, Gold will be responsible for leading sales efforts in Asia and Israel.
- The hiring comes as Couchbase is experiencing a 400 percent increase in 2013 sales, and on the on the heels of major announcements, including the company’s $25 million Series D funding, and the launch of its “JSON Anywhere” mobile strategy.
- “After watching Couchbase’s development over the past couple of years, I am excited to be joining the company at such a prime time,” said Gold. “Couchbase is a leader in the NoSQL space, and I look forward to bringing the technology to enterprises in Asia and Israel.”
- “Eric’s industry experience and expertise make him an invaluable addition to our global sales team,” said Bob Wiederhold, president and CEO of Couchbase. “We’re happy to have him on board, as his contributions will play a big role in our international expansion.”
Couchbase's mission is to be the data platform that revolutionizes digital innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created the world's first Engagement Database to help deliver ever-richer and ever more personalized customer and employee experiences. Built with the most powerful NoSQL technology, the Couchbase Data Platform was architected on top of an open source foundation for the massively interactive enterprise. Our geo-distributed Engagement Database provides unmatched developer agility and manageability, as well as unparalleled performance at any scale, from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Cisco, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.
Couchbase in news and press
How can we help you?
All fields must be filled out unless marked (optional)