MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – January 16, 2014 – Couchbase, the fastest-growing NoSQL technology provider and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, today announced the hiring of Eric Gold as sales director for Asia and Israel. Gold’s appointment reinforces the company’s global growth strategy.
- Gold, an international business veteran, comes to Couchbase with 20 years of experience working with U.S. and Israel-based startups.
- He joins the company from Aerospike, where he served as Managing Director of International.
- In his new role at Couchbase, Gold will be responsible for leading sales efforts in Asia and Israel.
- The hiring comes as Couchbase is experiencing a 400 percent increase in 2013 sales, and on the on the heels of major announcements, including the company’s $25 million Series D funding, and the launch of its “JSON Anywhere” mobile strategy.
- “After watching Couchbase’s development over the past couple of years, I am excited to be joining the company at such a prime time,” said Gold. “Couchbase is a leader in the NoSQL space, and I look forward to bringing the technology to enterprises in Asia and Israel.”
- “Eric’s industry experience and expertise make him an invaluable addition to our global sales team,” said Bob Wiederhold, president and CEO of Couchbase. “We’re happy to have him on board, as his contributions will play a big role in our international expansion.”