Couchbase Growth of Over 400% in 1H 2013 Fueled by Success of 2.0 Release and Major Competitive Wins
August 28, 2013
Couchbase Chosen for Most Demanding Web and Mobile Applications at Worlds Largest Enterprises
Mountain View, Calif. – August 28, 2013 – Couchbase, a leader in NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, announced today that software subscription sales grew by more than 400% year-over-year in the first half of 2013. The rapid growth was fueled by the success of Couchbase’s 2.0 release and associated major competitive wins at many of the world’s largest enterprises.
The scalability, performance and flexibility requirements of modern web and mobile applications are driving the massive growth of NoSQL in major enterprises, where Couchbase is a leader. The use of NoSQL is becoming standard for certain critical use cases such as: globally distributed user profile management, session store management, high-performance caching, content and metadata store management and data aggregation. Billions of users access Couchbase everyday through eCommerce sites, social sites and ad network platforms. These include:
- Social – LinkedIn and Tencent
- Technology – PayPal, Cisco, Liveperson
- Travel – Orbitz, Amadeus and Sabre
- SaaS – Concur and Salesforce
- Ad Network – AOL and AdAction
- Online Gambling – BetFair, SHFL entertainment
- Education – McGraw-Hill Education
- Communications – Docomo and Comcast
- Media – Nielsen, Beats Music
Many of these customers will be presenting at the Couchbase [SF] user conference on September 13th.
The phenomenal success of the 2.0 release, delivered just nine months ago in December 2012, is attributed to the following key capabilities:
- Couchbase’s continued leadership as the most easily scalable NoSQL database
- Couchbase’s continued leadership as a consistently high performance NoSQL database
- The addition of cross data center replication, which allows active-active mirroring of data across data centers, a critical capability for large enterprises that run global businesses
- The addition of document database features like JSON support and indexing and querying that speed development of applications
Couchbase's mission is to be the data platform that revolutionizes digital innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created the world's first Engagement Database to help deliver ever-richer and ever more personalized customer and employee experiences. Built with the most powerful NoSQL technology, the Couchbase Data Platform was architected on top of an open source foundation for the massively interactive enterprise. Our geo-distributed Engagement Database provides unmatched developer agility and manageability, as well as unparalleled performance at any scale, from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Cisco, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.
Couchbase in news and press
How can we help you?
All fields must be filled out unless marked (optional)