improvement in performance
- Required a database that could scale easily to support a rapidly growing number of connected devices
- A document-based architecture alone couldn’t provide all the critical query capabilities that were needed
- Database migration and management had become too difficult and time-consuming
- Couchbase delivered 100x better performance and scalability and error rate previously caused by database scale issues dropped significantly
- An issue that was expected to take 6 months and $100K to address was solved much faster at a substantially lower cost
- Engineers can now focus on building additional features instead of managing the database
Scalability is table stakes for a device management company. Working with Couchbase has been much easier, we no longer have to worry about database migration. It’s at least 100x more scalable than we were previously and the number of errors we get has dramatically reduced. It’s better in every way. There can be sticker shock when seeing the price of paying for something, but we have to value our own time. Building a solution ourselves would’ve involved more money and lost opportunity. I wanted my team to focus on building our features, not database features. It was a very easy decision, it made our lives easier.
Andy Doan Principal Software Engineer, Foundries.io
IoT Data Management With Couchbase
Manage, support, and drive real-time data insights at the edge.
Performance Evaluation of NoSQL Databases
Compare the throughput and latency of three NoSQL databases across four workloads and three cluster configurations.
What’s New in Couchbase Server 7.1
Learn how a database can help fight inflation and drive down your cost of ownership.
NoSQL Database for High Tech Applications
Architect your applications to deliver contextualized business-critical data in real time.
Get unlimited scalability and flexibility in a single database that fuses the greatest strengths of relational and NoSQL.