Couchbase Announces Couchbase [SF] 2013
June 18, 2013
NoSQL Leader to Host Global User Conference Featuring Customers Speakers from Nielsen, PayPal, Orbitz
Mountain View, Calif. – June 18, 2013 – Couchbase, Inc., a leader in NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, today announced that Couchbase [SF] 2013 will take place September 13 at Mission Bay Conference Center in downtown San Francisco. The conference, which will draw attendees from the Couchbase user community worldwide, offers three core conference tracks featuring presentations by Couchbase technology experts as well as customer speakers from Nielsen, Orbitz, PayPal, and LivePerson.
“The database market is changing dramatically, and data management choices are expanding as technologies like NoSQL have emerged to support the needs of modern applications. This shift, combined with our launch of Couchbase Server 2.0 six months ago, is driving a marked increase in momentum and adoption of NoSQL and Couchbase, especially among enterprise customers,” said Bob Wiederhold, President and CEO of Couchbase. “We look forward to a fantastic event in September, and have designed a conference program to provide rich, engaging content for our established community of users, as well as for those who are new to Couchbase and NoSQL.”
Conference Agenda and Highlights
- Couchbase [SF] provides a full day of technical content focused on NoSQL and Couchbase technology
- Featured speakers include:
- Darrell Pratt, lead architect for Nielsen Company’s Global Buy Platform, who drove the implementation of Couchbase as the real-time data store supporting their Big Data project for clients in the consumer packaged goods industry.
- Anil Madan, head of global engineering for PayPal Media Network, to share how Couchbase delivers real time analytics and scalable audience profiling for their ad platform.
- J. Steven Young, responsible for Orbitz site reliability, is a returning speaker who will highlight lessons learned and best practices using Couchbase in production over the past several years, and more recent experiences with 2.0.
- Ido Shilon, head of LivePerson’s platform engineering group, to discuss how Couchbase enhances the user experience for their leading real-time chat application.
- J Chris Anderson, Couchbase chief mobile architect, to preview Couchbase Lite a mobile database technology and lead a hands-on workshop for mobile app developers.
- Couchbase cofounders Damien Katz and Dustin Sallings who will each lead interactive sessions on advanced technical topics.
- A multi-track technical agenda that includes:
- NoSQL basic topics such as understanding the NoSQL landscape, how to evaluate NoSQL solutions, common NoSQL use cases, and others.
- A dedicated developer track offering a full day of hands-on sessions, including how to get started with Couchbase, document design, indexing and querying, and common data models and integrations.
- Best practices sessions for ops/admins that focus on sizing Couchbase clusters, running Couchbase in production, and health monitoring.
- Numerous “Couchbase Clusters,” smaller and more interactive sessions for advanced technical topics such as cross datacenter replication, language-specific development, advanced troubleshooting, mobile, and more.
- Couchbase Geek Bar for engaging with Couchbase experts
- After party for networking and connecting with the community
Registration and Pricing
A detailed agenda and online registration is available on the Couchbase [SF] website. A full-day pass is $199, but Couchbase is currently running a promotion in which 75 full-day passes will be offered for $75 (first come first served).
Couchbase Server Developer Training and Admin Training will also be offered for the two days prior to Couchbase [SF]. Training pricing and registration are available on the Couchbase [SF] website.
Couchbase's mission is to be the data platform that revolutionizes digital innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created the world's first Engagement Database to help deliver ever-richer and ever more personalized customer and employee experiences. Built with the most powerful NoSQL technology, the Couchbase Data Platform was architected on top of an open source foundation for the massively interactive enterprise. Our geo-distributed Engagement Database provides unmatched developer agility and manageability, as well as unparalleled performance at any scale, from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Cisco, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.
Couchbase in news and press
How can we help you?
All fields must be filled out unless marked (optional)