1. Eligibility. We reserve the right to deny registration or attendance to any individual or entity for any reason, in our sole discretion (including, but not limited to, any past or present violent, illegal, threatening, or discriminatory conduct). Unless otherwise noted by us, to participate in an Event, you must (i) be at least 18 years old and the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, and (ii) not a government employee or official (or an employee of a government-owned or controlled company. If we allow you to participate in a sweepstakes or other giveaway at an Event (a “Sweepstakes”), additional eligibility requirements apply: (a) employees of Couchbase and its parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible, and (b) any additional requirements communicated to you at the time of the Sweepstakes registration. Participation in a Sweepstakes is limited to individuals who would not violate their employer policies by entering or receiving the prize, and by entering, you represent that you are complying with your employer’s terms and conditions.
2. Event Details. For more details about an Event, please visit https://www.couchbase.com/resources/webcasts-and-events/ or the respective Event registration form. Couchbase reserves the right to cancel, amend, or close an Event (including any Sweepstakes) at any time in our sole discretion.
3. Couchbase Community Guidelines. By registering for, attending or participating in an Event, you agree to comply with the Couchbase Community Guidelines, available at https://www.couchbase.com/community-guidelines/, as updated from time to time (the “Community Guidelines”). We want our Events to foster a community where members can come together to meet, exchange ideas, share diverse perspectives, and contribute to Couchbase products in a way that enhances the experience of those who use them. We require you to follow our Community Guidelines so that all community members can enjoy their experience and feel safe.
4. Sweepstakes. Couchbase, Inc. is the sponsor of any Sweepstakes we may offer in connection with an Event. In addition to these Terms, we may apply additional terms and conditions to any Sweepstakes, including to specify the relevant Sweepstakes period, method of entry, qualification requirements, means of determining winner(s), prize details, and conditions of participation. Please note that the odds of winning any Sweepstakes depend on the number and timing of entries submitted. With respect to any Sweepstakes, NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY MONEY IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
7. Assumption of Risk. You acknowledge and agree that your registration for, participation in, and attendance of any Event is voluntary. Accordingly, you agree to assume the risks associated with registering for, participating in, and attending any Event to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
8. Disclaimer, Release and Limit of Liability. COUCHBASE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY EVENT. BY PARTICIPATING OR ATTENDING ANY EVENT, INCLUDING ANY SWEEPSTAKES, YOU (ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF, YOUR PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND ANYONE WHO MIGHT MAKE A CLAIM ON YOUR BEHALF) AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS COUCHBASE, AND OUR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE NOW OR IN THE FUTURE ASSOCIATED IN ANY WAY WITH AN EVENT OR YOUR ITEMS. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL COUCHBASE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF WHATSOEVER KIND ARISING OUT OF ANY EVENT OR SWEEPSTAKES.
9. Governing Law. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of California, USA and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Santa Clara County, California, USA in respect of any disputes arising under or in connection with these Terms.