Choose your deployment option
Couchbase as a Service
Mobile & Edge
Eliminate ongoing database management efforts with our distributed NoSQL database as a fully managed service. It’s the easiest and fastest way to begin with Couchbase.
- Development flexibility: JSON document and key-value database, with SQL access and built-in full-text search, eventing, and analytics.
- Mobile and IoT synchronization: Ensure apps are always on, regardless of web connectivity and speed. Capella App Services can sync, store, query, search, and analyze at the edge.
- High availability and automated scaling: Easily change node configurations with no application changes needed. Global reliability via native replication across geo-aware clusters in AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Security peace of mind: End-to-end encryption from the SDK to the disk and offers granular role-based access control.
Test drive Capella today!
Check your inbox!
We've sent an email to with a link to activate your account.
No mail from us? Resend confirmation email or Re-enter your email and try again.
A full-featured, multimodel distributed NoSQL database available free of charge for evaluation, development, and unlimited preproduction testing.
Experience the unmatched flexibility, familiarity and performance of NoSQL on the easiest platform to manage and scale, all risk-free as you transform your business with modern business-critical applications.
- A binary package of Couchbase Community Edition, our free, source-available distribution of Couchbase Server
- Best suited for non-enterprise developers when basic education, availability, performance, tooling, and query is sufficient
- Our open source NoSQL database is available free of charge for both development and production, and supported by the Couchbase community forum
- Community Edition does not undergo the same “test, fix, and verify” quality assurance cycles as Enterprise, and is limited to five node clusters.
Couchbase Lite is a standards-based embedded NoSQL JSON document database for edge devices running mobile, desktop, server, and IoT applications. The Enterprise Edition builds on the robust functionality included in the Community Edition, and includes features such as encryption, peer-to-peer inter-device sync, on-device failover, predictive query API for machine learning predictions, delta sync for optimized data transfer, and more.
Couchbase Lite is a standards-based embedded NoSQL JSON document database for edge devices running mobile, desktop, server, and IoT applications. Designed around the world’s most popular embedded database (SQLite), Couchbase Lite’s robust query API has SQL-based semantics, indexing support, full-text search, and eventing, which enables developers to build and deploy robust applications on embedded platforms.
Enterprise-grade Sync Gateway builds on the strong foundations of the Community version and includes scaling, performance, availability, and security enhancements for business-critical mobile and edge computing applications. Features include delta sync for optimized data transfer, sharding of imports, tunable options for cache management, load balancing and HA of inter-Sync Gateway replications, and more.
Couchbase Sync Gateway enables secure data sync between Couchbase Lite enabled edge devices and the backend database hosted in Couchbase Server, or between edge and cloud datacenters. The open source Community Edition includes support for secure sync and data routing with fine-grained access control and authorization.
GET TOOLS & CONNECTORS FOR COUCHBASE
CData drivers offer the fastest and easiest way to connect real-time Couchbase data with BI, analytics, and reporting tools.Explore
GlueSync provides cloud native data streaming and replication capabilties from traditional RDBMS to Couchbase.Explore
Quest's native NoSQL solution supports native integration of Couchbase for enterprise applications and legacy RDBMS-based migrations.Explore
The Talend connector for Couchbase provides comprehensive ETL capabilities enabling you to manage and transform data between any relational or big data system and Couchbase.Explore
The Couchbase Analytics Tableau connector provides familiar and secure native Tableau connectivity so that you can quickly visualize and analyze your operational JSON data.Explore