With 2022 wrapped up, we want to take a moment to celebrate and share the milestones that we’ve accomplished together. That’s right, the Couchbase community played a pivotal role in helping us engage other developers, improve our product, and make our in-person events comeback successful. We’re incredibly proud of what we’ve achieved and can’t wait to share our plans for 2023. But first, let’s look at what made 2022 an excellent year for Couchbase.
Improvements to Couchbase Server, Capella, and Beyond
We improved our product by adding more features, support for more cloud providers, and further integrations, empowering developers to more easily build mission-critical applications. Don’t believe us? Read more about what we did in the product:
- We launched Mobile 3.0, making it easier for developers to build modern applications across mobile, desktop and embedded IoT devices
- We released new operational efficiencies in Server 7.1, dramatically reducing deployment costs for modern applications
- We integrated Capella on Google Cloud, giving developers maximum flexibility to build and scale applications on Google Cloud’s expansive infrastructure. Capella went multi-cloud!
- We introduced Capella App Services, allowing developers to more easily build modern distributed applications
- We debuted the new Capella user interface with familiarity that increases developer productivity and agility
We Partnered with World Class Brands
Empowering our incredible customers is at the heart of Couchbase’s mission, and we’re thrilled to announce our new partnerships with these global brands.
- In Q1 Western Union, Trendyol, Halliburton, MercuryGate International, a leading website hosting company.
- In Q2 East Side Games, Nexon, Yubo, Playgon, Fortune 50 home improvement retailer, and a leader in fast food restaurants.
- In Q3, a market leader in secure API connectivity for financial institutions, Nobel Systems, Yapstone, Mapotempo, one of India’s most trusted and reputed business conglomerates, and one of the largest airlines in the world. We also enabled Hammerhead.
- In Q4, Couchbase on AWS Enabled Arthrex to Improve Patient Outcomes
We are thankful for our amazing customers and are honored to serve them.
We also released a guide on 2022’s hot topics and innovations.
We Hosted (Many) Events Across the Globe
This year, the big red couch made an appearance at AWS re:Invent. From presentations and swag to media coverage and Capella demos, we connected with thousands of attendees and many tech leaders in the field of Cloud Computing.
Additionally, our Community team hosted six developer centric meetups worldwide where we reached over 450 developers and built Star Wars legos together—feeling a bit of FOMO? We understand. You should join us at our next meetup.
We also participated in the AWS Global Summits. AWS Global Summits are free events that bring the cloud computing community together to connect, collaborate, and learn about AWS. This year AWS had multiple Summits across the globe, and Couchbase participated in 14 Summits in total – 8 in Europe, 4 across the Americas, and 2 in APAC. This resulted in over 5,000 interactions with interested customers.
And if that wasn’t enough, we partnered with local communities and hosted events in Phoenix and Berlin, to name a few.
You could say that 2023 was eventful.
We Launched Couchbase Community
I may be a bit biased here, but one of the most exciting developments of 2022 was the reintroduction of our developer-first community. Couchbase community is a place where developers can gather, exchange ideas, solve problems, and share a gif or two.
At the core of the Couchbase community is the Ambassador Program. This program is home to developers in our community who are passionate and knowledgeable about Couchbase and who are keen to engage with other developers. Sound familiar? Apply to join our 2023 Ambassador cohort.
We’re excited by the momentum our community has gained in its first couple of months, with our Discord server membership doubling in 90 days.
Discord wasn’t the only place we grew. Our new Community Hub is frequented by developers worldwide, including India, San Francisco, and Paris.
Not to brag, but we also formed a strategic collaboration with AWS to facilitate Capella on AWS for users. You know, the Amazon Web Services. Maybe you’ve heard of them?
Empowering Developers is the Way Forward
We commissioned a survey of 650 senior IT decision makers that found that 88% of developers are under pressure in the race to the cloud and therefore empowering developers is the critical competitive advantage.
These findings aren’t surprising to us, and now more than ever, we are committed to providing developers with the tools they need to be successful.
Here’s a hint of some of what’s on our radar for 2023:
- Hosting bigger and better in-person events and continuing to host regular virtual events
- Partnering with local developer communities (stay tuned – we’ll have more to share about this soon!)
- Growing our Ambassador program. Join this exclusive group of Couchbase champions and reap the benefits of product briefings, special swag, and much more.