As we wrapped up our fourth quarter and fiscal year 2023, we’re proud of all that we accomplished – especially the rapid progress we made with Capella, our fully managed cloud DBaaS. Everyday we come to work excited to enable transformation for our customers and help them make tomorrow better than today.
Q4 fiscal year 2023 brought us some exciting new Capella logo additions and migrations across a broad range of industries including technology, e-commerce, gaming, insurance, healthcare, travel and more. Here are some of the those stories below:
- Electronic Arts (EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment with nearly 600 million active players around the globe. They needed a high performance and high availability DBaaS so that its development team could iterate and improve popular newly released games as quickly as possible. EA selected Capella to power profile management for its primary internal bug reporting application that runs in a majority of EA’s flagship games. They selected our DBaaS because of the speed, reliability and flexibility it provided.
- Another new Capella customer win from the quarter was a corporate consulting services group. This systems integrator customer needed a high performance database-as-a-service with offline capabilities to support an offline-first field services application for its client. Capella was selected because of the combination of superior performance and built-in app services for next-gen mobile apps.
- A leading cloud-based enterprise communication platform provider initially selected Capella when looking to support large scale real-time communication for managing sessions and recording SMS messages. After seeing initial success with Capella’s performance, in the fourth quarter they migrated their entire Couchbase estate to Capella. Their developer team is experiencing an even greater reduction in database management and they have reduced TCO, all while Capella has supported their rapid application growth.
In addition to Capella, in the fourth quarter we saw Server and Mobile momentum across a broad range of industries including telco, retail, media and entertainment, technology and travel:
- Mavenir is an end-to-end, cloud-native network software provider focused on transforming wireless connectivity. Mavenir uses Couchbase for storing its subscriber profile and session data. Mavenir made the decision to renew its partnership with Couchbase for its solutions.
- A new customer was one of the largest airlines in the world. Operating in over 120 countries, this airline strives to be a tech-forward company with one of the youngest and most modern fleets internationally. This customer initially began with our Community Edition and after experiencing our platform’s compelling performance and operational efficiencies, decided to upgrade to Enterprise Edition to power several business critical applications that support bookings, e-ticketing, and big data and deliver an even better customer experience to its many travelers.
- A famous global sports brand in China was looking for better cost optimization and performance uplift. They selected Couchbase to power its digital platform for online retail bidding. Our best-in-class performance was the primary factor in this new win and will enable its digital platform to handle high traffic volumes during peak periods for a more engaging and personalized experience.
Modern customer experiences need a flexible database platform that can power applications spanning from cloud to edge and everything in between. And we are simplifying how developers and architects develop, deploy and consume modern applications wherever they. At Couchbase, we enable our customers to quickly build applications that deliver premium experiences to their customers – all with best-in-class price performance. We’re thankful for the continued momentum we’ve seen with our customers.
Want to learn more about how you can build your own modern applications on Couchbase? Try our 30 day free trial of Couchbase Capella. And check out our customer case study page to see more of what our customers are doing with Couchbase.