Couchbase Partners with Digital Economy Leaders to Share Best Practices in Digital Transformation
November 07, 2016
Amadeus, Equifax, GE, LinkedIn, Marriott, PayPal, Staples, United Airlines and Verizon to Present How Couchbase Powers Their Mission-Critical Web, Mobile and IoT Applications for the Digital Economy
Couchbase, Inc., a leading next-generation database provider, will host Couchbase Connect 2016 on November 7-9 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California. Themed “Imagine. Innovate. Disrupt.” the conference will bring together developers, architects and decision makers from market-leaders and disruptors in the Digital Economy to share best practices and technology solutions underpinning their new web, mobile and IoT applications.
“In 2016, we saw the Digital Economy explode as more enterprises realized the significant value and importance of modernizing their business operations and applications to meet the needs of today’s digital consumers,” said Bob Wiederhold, CEO, Couchbase. “In fact, the Digital Economy grew six times faster than the economy as a whole. And the web, mobile and IoT applications on which these businesses depend increasingly rely on Couchbase as their database platform.”
Digital Transformation Experts Share Experiences and Best Practices
Senior executives, IT leaders and developers from leading brands will showcase their experiences implementing next-generation data solutions at web scale, developing offline-first mobile apps, moving to microservices and more. Customer-led sessions will include:
- Airline Solutions at Web Scale –Dieter Frauser, VP R&D Architecture, Quality & Governance, and Paul Hubert, CTO Office, Amadeus
- Connecting the Dots with Couchbase – Jay Duraisamy, VP Technology, Data Platforms, Equifax
- Building Offline-First, Industrial Apps for the Field – Michael Hart, Head of Mobile Engineering, Predix Platform, GE Digital
- Going All In: From A Single Use Case to Many – Michael Kehoe, Senior Site Reliability Manager, LinkedIn
- Continuing the Evolution for the Digital Economy at Marriott – Thomas Vidnovic, Solutions Architect, Marriott International, Inc.
- Evolving to Operate at Scale: a Mind Map – John Kanagaraj, Senior MTS, Core Data Platform, PayPal
- NoSQL in eCommerce: How Staples Solved its B2B Challenge – Ross Sanger, Senior Architect, B2B Commerce, Staples
- Modernizing Flight Operations Technology at United Airlines – Tejal Patel, Managing Director, United Airlines
- Solving Real-Time IoT Challenges with Couchbase – Mohanraj Umapathy, Director, IoT Platform, Verizon
Broad Ecosystem of Partners Exhibit in Partner Pavilion
This year’s event features, for the first time, a Partner Pavilion hosting partners across the broad spectrum of Couchbase’s partner community, including technology partners such as Databricks, Simba, Slamdata and Vormetric; systems integrators including Wipro; cloud partners including Microsoft; go-to-market partners such as Dell/EMC; and service delivery partners including Avalon Consulting. Partner-led sessions in the conference include:
- Running at Large Scale, without Admins – Clint Ricker, Technical Lead, Cisco
- Streaming Operational Data with Kafka – David Tucker, Director, Partner Engineering and Alliances, Confluent
- Exploring All the Ways to Analyze Data with Spark – Jason Pohl, Data Solutions Architect, Databricks
- Pies, Charts and More: Data Visualization Made Easy – Jeff Carr, CEO, Slamdata and Jay Gopalakrishnan, CEO, Cloud9Charts
- Bootiful Couchbase: Microservices with Spring – Simon Basle, Software Engineer, Pivotal
Couchbase Connect16 Keynotes
The 2016 Couchbase Connect conference will include a keynote from CEO Bob Wiederhold on how Couchbase is enabling Digital Economy businesses. Senior Vice President of Engineering and Products Ravi Mayuram will also deliver a keynote focused on how Couchbase is redefining the database with a single platform, including newly released capabilities - Full Text Search and Real Time Analytics. On day two, CMO Peter Finter will host a general session examining the future of web, IoT and mobile applications and the implications for the underlying data platform, including presentations from Amadeus, Verizon ThingSpace, and Couchbase’s Chief Mobile Architect Wayne Carter.
All-day, Hands-on Workshops Led by Couchbase Experts
The three-day event kicks off on November 7, with day-long, hands-on workshops on hot topics enabling technologists and developers to learn how to administer NoSQL, build apps on NoSQL, develop mobile NoSQL, or develop and deploy applications with SQL for Documents (N1QL).
Register for Couchbase Connect 2016 today and stay updated on the event by using the #Connect16 hashtag on Twitter.
Kiley Nichols, MSLGROUP
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, American Express, Carrefour, Cisco, Comcast/Sky, Disney, eBay, LinkedIn, Marriott, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, as well as hundreds of other household names. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.
Couchbase in news and press
How can we help you?
All fields must be filled out unless marked (optional)