Couchbase Continues Massive European Growth
March 19, 2015
Couchbase Live, One of the Biggest NoSQL Events in Europe, Draws More than 1000 Registrants to Learn from Couchbase Big Data Experts and Industry Leaders including Amadeus, Criteo, Ryanair and Willis
Mountain View, Calif. and London – March 19, 2015 – Couchbase, Inc., provider of the most complete NoSQL database, continues to win new customers, grow adoption and expand its presence in Europe. Next week, the company will host its annual European user conference, Couchbase Live Europe on March 23, 2015, at Park Plaza Westminster in London. Developers, administrators and enterprise decision makers from across Europe will come together to hear from industry leaders, including Amadeus, Criteo, Ryanair and Willis Group, on why they selected Couchbase over other NoSQL solutions and how they are deploying NoSQL database technology to drive big data success and deliver value to the business.
Tweet This: Couchbase Continues Massive European Growth: annual user conference #CBLiveEUR attracts +1,000 registrants http://ctt.ec/bdAWk+
“We are experiencing tremendous growth in Europe as more and more European businesses, including Continental, Tesco and Ryanair, select Couchbase Server over other NoSQL solutions,” said Bob Wiederhold, CEO of Couchbase. “Couchbase Live Europe is an opportunity for developers, operations teams and business leaders to learn how NoSQL can deliver value from big data initiatives. Attendees will also learn first hand about powerful new technology we will announce that vastly expands the performance of a distributed database.”
The conference will include customer led sessions giving attendees the opportunity to learn best practices from some of Europe’s most successful businesses.
Customer presentations will include:
- Couchbase Usage in Critical Amadeus Systems: A Return of Experience, by Dietmar Fauser, Vice President of Architecture, Quality and Governance, Amadeus
- Why Ryanair Chose Couchbase Server and Mobile to Become More Customer Centric, Paul Sheridan, Ryanair, Lead Technical Architect
- Couchbase at Willis: Alternative NoSQL Use Cases, by Rob Harty, Development Manager, Analytics Technology Team, Willis Group
- Real Time Advertising at NoSQL Speed, Nicolas Helleringer, Site Reliability Engineering Manager, Criteo
- Turkish Ministry of Health: Electronic Healthcare Records with NoSQL, Mehmeet Ercan, CEO Big Data Labs
- Couchbase Mobile Integration: iPhone / Android / Web, Catherine Woolger, CEO, SmartTradeApp
- Viber: NoSQL Performance at Scale, Amir Ish-Shalom, Chief Architect, Viber
Tweet This: NoSQL drives business success: Ryanair, Criteo, Willis among customers presenting big data stories @ #CBLiveEUR http://ctt.ec/md55W+
The day-long event will also feature 35 in-depth breakout sessions and workshops, including hands-on learning for Couchbase Mobile, eight sessions on N1QL - the SQL for Documents query language - and a closed door customer panel moderated by Matt Aslett, research director for 451 Research. The customer panel will be open only to Couchbase Live Europe attendees, with no Couchbase employees in the room, giving the community a chance to openly share experiences, best practices and recommendations for product requests.
During the sessions, attendees will learn how to:
- Leverage NoSQL and Hadoop to build real-time big data solutions using out of the box integrations that Couchbase has delivered for Cloudera, Hortonworks, Kafka and Spark
- Develop and deploy mission critical applications with Couchbase Server, the most scalable and best performing NoSQL distributed database
- Create better mobile experiences using Couchbase Mobile, the only complete NoSQL mobile solution
Learn more about Couchbase Live Europe.
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. As a distributed cloud-native database, Couchbase runs in modern dynamic environments and on any cloud, either customer-managed or fully managed as-a-service. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, American Express, Carrefour, Cisco, Comcast/Sky, Disney, eBay, LinkedIn, Marriott, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, as well as hundreds of other household names. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.
© 2020 Couchbase, Inc. All rights reserved. Couchbase, the Couchbase logo, and the names and marks associated with Couchbase’s products are trademarks of Couchbase, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.