Couchbase Cloud Now Available on Microsoft Azure
January 14, 2021
Fully managed Couchbase Server DBaaS allows customers to pay for only what they need with high-performing, low TCO solution
SANTA CLARA, Calif., January 14, 2021 – Couchbase, the creator of the enterprise-class, multicloud to edge NoSQL database, today announced that Couchbase Cloud, its award-winning, fully-managed Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS), is now available on Microsoft Azure.
Couchbase Cloud is a fully managed version of Couchbase Server, the original multi-purpose NoSQL database. Couchbase Server combines the high-performance, memory-first architecture of key-value stores with its SQL-friendly query language, robust developer SDKs, schema-flexible JSON format, all deployed as an elastically scaling, ACID compliant, globally replicating cluster architecture. Couchbase Cloud combines this power and versatility while eliminating the complexity and burden of managing, operating, and maintaining a database in the cloud.
The uncertainty of today’s economy continues to drive organizations to accelerate digital transformation plans, bringing equal parts opportunity and cost control pressure to IT. Couchbase Cloud helps organizations capitalize on both goals through:
- Couchbase Server, combined with emerging best practices for in-virtual private cloud (VPC) deployment on Microsoft Azure, which enables customers to lower the operational costs of traditional deployments without giving up control over data and security
- A “single pane of glass” control plane for multicloud management and cross-data-center replication (XDCR), simplifying management and deployment of multiple clusters across clouds in multiple regions
- Transparent configuration and licensing that combine with the software’s node-for-node performance to deliver low total cost of ownership (TCO) for applications that serve today’s online-only user communities
Couchbase combines performance advantage with highly transparent licensing policies that allow customers to construct their own cost comparisons and make clear choices. Couchbase’s benefits include:
- Hourly or prepaid credits with no minimum monthly limits
- No margin-stacking by hiding IaaS within subscriptions
- Customers can configure and grow their IaaS at the pace of their dev, test, production, and growth phases
- Choice of SLA-levels per cluster via Developer Pro and Enterprise options
- Avoiding cloud service provider lock-in from using vendor-specific applications
Couchbase Cloud on Microsoft Azure is available immediately as a 30-day trial, which runs inside the customer’s Azure account. It is offered in two packages, Developer Pro and Enterprise, which offer differentiated service level guarantees for development and testing needs versus business-critical support for production systems. For more information visit https://couchbase.com/cloud
“Rapid changes to business processes requires flexibility that remains one of the key drivers for enterprises moving to the cloud. This includes flexibility with IT management, application developing and testing, user access, deployment options like multicloud, and most importantly, pricing. With dynamic pricing options, the In-VPC deployment approach, and now its availability on Microsoft Azure, Couchbase Cloud offers flexibility and cost control that are attractive to today’s enterprises as they strive to maximize their ROI to stay competitive.”
--Larry Carvalho, Research Vice President, IDC
“For customers who have standardized on Microsoft solutions, Couchbase Cloud on Microsoft Azure brings the scale and flexibility of Couchbase as a fully managed DBaaS solution. With the availability of Couchbase Cloud on Azure, Couchbase continues to help enterprises optimize costs while improving agility and innovation by giving customers the same control of data and costs as they would have in their own datacenter, allowing them to support innovation and agile development on their own terms.”
-- Scott Anderson, SVP, Product Management & Business Operations, Couchbase
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. As a distributed cloud-native database, Couchbase runs in modern dynamic environments and on any cloud, either customer-managed or fully managed as-a-service. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, American Express, Carrefour, Cisco, Comcast/Sky, Disney, eBay, LinkedIn, Marriott, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, as well as hundreds of other household names. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.
© 2020 Couchbase, Inc. All rights reserved. Couchbase, the Couchbase logo, and the names and marks associated with Couchbase’s products are trademarks of Couchbase, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.