A lot going on here at Couchbase. Follow the official handle @couchbase for the latest news as it goes live or you can find me @aobendorf.
EVENT SPOTLIGHT: Couchbase Live [London]
Official Hashtag: #CBliveLDN
This incredible event dedicated to building, deploying and managing NoSQL at scale is gaining traction – and quickly at that.
James Governor of Red Monk has officially been announced as a participant in the panel discussion along with representatives from industry leaders Concur, Ticketmaster, Picsolve, Viber and Amadeus.
One of the themes that will be covered at the conference will be the hot topic of scalability in NoSQL. Use cases will include how one company significantly reduced TCO while increasing scalability by migrating off Oracle relational databases to Couchbase Server. Another use case will show how a NoSQL architecture of 250 servers dedicated to Mongo + Redis were replaced by 120 Couchbase Servers — that provide better scalability and manageability.
Today the 50% discount code was announced on Twitter – follow @couchbase to locate the code.
Click here to register now for Couchbase Live [London]
NEW AND NOTEWORTHY
This week’s blog features content from DZone’s Alec Noller on Couchbase Lite and independent Azure/Couchbase blogger David Ostrovsky. In addition, you can read about releases from our very own SDK Engineer Michael Nitschinger with the Couchbase Spring Data Project and partner Kurobase with more details on the Heroku buildpack release as well as New Relic Instrumentation.
Alec Noller from @DZone takes a dive into syncing with Couchbase Mobile in this brilliant post:
Independent blogger @David Ostrovsky posts another stellar blog on his CodeHard blog page, Couchbase on Azure:
Thanks to SDK Engineer Michael Nitschinger, we are excited to announce the 1.0 GA release of the Couchbase Spring Data module!
- Official Release
- What’s New in the Spring Data Couchbase 1.0 GA Release on Javabeat
- Official Spring Data Couchbase Page
Kurobase, Heroku, New Relic + Couchbase: This week Couchbase partner Kurobase released a Heroku Buildpack for Couchbase in addition to New Relic Instrumentation. Read about the release and get started today.
- Heroku Add-on Goes Live, New Relic Instrumentation Released
- New Free Developer Tools for Heroku
- KuroBase Releases Complete Heroku Buildpack and New Relic Instrumentation for Couchbase Developers
- Getting Started with KuroBase on Heroku
- Article of the Week: Oracle, SAP Threatened by Big Data Startups Lotame, Datastax, Etc Says Cowen
- Blog of the Week: Couchbase Rolling Upgrades
- Job of the Week: Performance Engineer
- Question of the Week: delete() in reduce function?
- Download Couchbase Lite, the only NoSQL mobile database
- Couchbase Buzz: The latest news on Couchbase
- Couchbase Customer Stories: Read NoSQL database case studies