Couchbase is on a mission to simplify how businesses develop, deploy and run modern applications. We believe modern applications need a better database platform to deliver premium customer experiences. Last week during our quarterly earnings call, we were proud to share all that we accomplished in Q2. Capella continues to gain momentum; our managed service represented the majority of new logos in the quarter and we grew our Capella customer logo count by more than 20% from the first quarter. In Q2 we saw new Capella wins across many industries including financial services, academia, manufacturing, telco, high tech and gaming.
In addition to the increased momentum we saw with Capella, we continued to see existing customer migrations and expansions across our entire product portfolio. We saw significant Enterprise expansions with long term customers including a large Australian multinational banking company, one of the U.S.’s largest financial services companies, and a major consumer electronics retailer.
Here are some of the customer highlights we shared from the quarter:
- MoneyGram is a leading global Fintech company. MoneyGram decided to expand its partnership with us and invest in Capella to offload database management and further improve TCO.
- A leading global hospitality company began migrating some of its Couchbase workloads to Capella. This customer uses Couchbase for several mission-critical applications including its customer support call center and a mobile app. This customer originally selected Couchbase over a competing CSP offering because of the scalability, performance, and uptime our database platform provides and decided to migrate to Capella for developer agility and reduced database management.
- Ancestry® is the global leader in family history. Ancestry initially began on our Community Edition and upgraded to our Enterprise offering this quarter to support its mission-critical content management application. Ancestry selected Couchbase because of the value and cost efficiency our platform provides as its dataset continues to rapidly grow.
- Tondo Smart is a fast-growing technology company in Israel that delivers a connected devices platform for Smart Cities. Tondo selected Couchbase to power its cloud-based Smart City management platform, including AI for city sensor operational excellence use cases. This customer needed a cloud database platform that could deliver high performance, scalability and mobile use cases. Only Couchbase could deliver on these needs with the most compelling price performance.
- Trendyol is the leading e-commerce platform in Turkey. This quarter, Trendyol significantly expanded its Couchbase footprint across multiple departments. Couchbase is the cloud database platform foundation for many of Trendyol’s most important applications including online shopping cart, delivery tracking, product catalog, coupons, claims, inventory management, pre-orders and customer personalization. This was one of the biggest expansions in Couchbase history and we are pleased to be such a core partner for Trendyol’s expanding business.
- Tesco, a British multinational grocery retailer and one of the world’s largest retailers, has signed a multi-year agreement.
We’re thrilled to have seen yet another great quarter and thankful for the continued customer growth.
If you’re interested in learning more about how you can build your own mission-critical modern applications on Couchbase, try our 30 day free trial of Couchbase Capella. And to see more of what our customers are doing with Couchbase, check out our customer case study page!