MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.—May 31, 2017- Couchbase, creator of the world’s first Engagement Database, today announced strong business momentum following its East Coast user conference, Couchbase Connect New York. The event saw more than 400 customers, partners, and developers converge to share ideas on the steep challenges and tremendous opportunities companies experience along their digital transformation journeys.
As growing enterprise demand for highly agile, scalable database technology to create amazing customer experiences continues, Couchbase has accelerated its market position, driven more than 50 percent year-over-year revenue growth, grown its customer base with the addition of various marquee brands, expanded its executive bench, introduced exciting new products to market, earned respected industry recognition, and expanded its annual user conference from one event in the Silicon Valley to three events around the world. Couchbase business highlights include:
- Added new customers around the world that are driving superior customer experiences within key vertical markets, including Auchan, Carrefour, Inditex, LinkedIn, Mio Global, and UPS.
- Expanded relationships with existing customers including Amadeus, Best Buy Canada, Comcast, eBay, MLB Advanced Media, Sizmek Israel, StubHub, and Viber.
- Hosted three major user conferences where attendees heard presentations from customers including Amadeus, Comcast, Equifax, GE, LinkedIn, Marriott, PayPal, Staples, United Airlines and Verizon.
Customer Milestones –Couchbase currently:
- Enables fast, responsive experiences for 3 of the top 3 credit reporting companies
- Powers engaging customer experiences for travel and hospitality, including the top 3 global distribution systems and 3 of the top 10 international airlines
- Delivers mission-critical content seamlessly for 6 of the top 10 broadcast TV companies
- Enables 6 of the top 10 U.S. eCommerce companies to create extraordinary shopping experiences
Industry Recognition–Couchbase was named:
Leadership, Company Growth and Momentum
- Announced key executive hires, including Matt Cain, CEO; Greg Henry, CFO; and Peter Finter, CMO.
- Secured a $30 million round of funding led by Sorenson Capital with participation from Accel Partners, Adams Street Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund, North Bridge Venture Partners and West Summit.
- Celebrated record training enrollment with a 600 percent increase over trainings in 2015.
- Introduced product innovations to provide easier global application deployments, advanced security capabilities and greater development flexibility, including addition of major capabilities like full-text search, in-memory databases and indexing via multiple releases of Couchbase Server and Couchbase Mobile, and the recently-announced Couchbase Server 5.0 beta and Couchbase Mobile 2.0 preview.
- Also released Couchbase Kafka Connector 3.0, Couchbase Spark Connector 2.0., support for Docker Containers, and several cloud integration capabilities.
“While it’s gratifying to reflect on our strong performance over six consecutive quarters, we are even more excited by the opportunities that are before us as we accelerate growth through the remainder of 2017,” said Matt Cain, CEO of Couchbase. “Hearing our customers share their successes in transforming their customer experience–as we heard last week during Couchbase Connect New York– clearly demonstrates our increasing relevance and market momentum. ”
Missed Couchbase Connect New York? View the on-demand replay here.