Keynote Recap: Blitz JS and More
Brandon Bayer – whom I had the opportunity to host his debut of Blitz JS at ReactEurope 2020 – delivered this year’s keynote address: The Dawning of a New Age for Fullstack React.
In his keynote, Brandon covered the timeline of fullstack React over time showing that between 2013 to 2020 the ability to get a project set up – with a database, API and client – required a lot of configuration and tough decisions.
My Talk: A Better Development Experience with Ottoman JS
At this year’s conference, I presented on: “A Better Development Experience with Ottoman JS.” (Click to watch the full video.)
In my talk, I covered:
- Why Couchbase?
- JSON data modeling for a document data store
- An introduction to Ottoman JS – an ODM built for Couchbase and Node.js
- A complete code demo
Other Great Talks at JS & Friends
- Guy Rose: Finding Bigfoot with Redis + RedisSearch
- William Shepherd: Increase User Engagement in React
- Eric Potter: TypeScript Beyond the Basics
- Janhavi Dahihande: Testing Your React Native App: The Cypress Way
- Tyler Clark: Identity 101: JS Guide to App Security
- Adrienne Tacke: Documentation: The Missing Pieces
If you have any questions about getting started with Ottoman JS or any of the tech here at Couchbase, feel free to DM me on Twitter.