We are looking for some awesome developers to show the world what creative apps they can build using N1QL and Couchbase 4.0 beta.
Need some infrastructure to run your app? Give Joyent a try. Joyent's Triton Elastic Container Service provides bare metal containers with the elasticity and performance to meet the needs of the most demanding, real-time mobile and web applications. Couchbase’s cluster-awareness, automatic management of data, including sharding and cross-datacenter replication make it ideal for deployment in docker containers on Triton.
Building something and need BI connectivity? Try the beta Simba drivers for Couchbase. These drivers offer the ability to connect popular BI tools of choice — like say, Microsoft Excel, QlikView, SAP Lumira, or Tableau—to Couchbase Server, enabling quick, easy, seamless data access. Data scientists can now leverage not just the speed of Couchbase Server, but the flexibility of N1QL under the hood, all while using their own SQL-query expertise to their advantage.
Whatever application you build, we hope you have fun and best of luck !
What do I do?
Download Couchbase Server 4.0 Beta – http://www.couchbase.com/beta
Read the contest rules below to submit your N1QL application.
Please note that submissions are due no later than 12:00 AM EST September 16th, 2015.
Your app must be submitted via tweet. Submission tweets should include the following:
A link to your two-minute screencast that includes an overview of your use case and a demonstration of what you built.
A link to your app’s location on github that includes a readme with your email address, source code of your application, and other relevant technical specifications.
Mention to @couchbase and #CBN1QLApp in your tweet.
Sample Tweet: #CBN1QLApp @couchbase
One prize will be selected for each of the following categories –
· The most creative N1QL application selected by our judges
· The most voted for application by the Couchbase engineering team
*Every eligible submission will receive a google cardboard kit.
What do I get?
The prize winner for each category will be announced in October ‘15
Winners in each category will get a $500 Amazon gift card
How do I win?
Each submission will be evaluated on:
· Best use case: We are serious and we want you to be too. Hello world applications will not qualify – we are looking for apps that show the power of Couchbase. Your app should be based on real world scenarios and showcase the scalability, flexibility and ease of use Couchbase is known for.
· N1QL is requirement: Couchbase Server 4.0 introduces N1QL (pronounced ‘Nickel’) – a query language that extends SQL to work on JSON. We want your application to showcase the possibilities of N1QL and secondary indexes. Think beyond simple reporting problems – Couchbase Server 4.0 introduces a revolutionary new distributed database architecture that finally makes it possible to scale complex queries. We want your app to showcase these great capabilities.
· Look and feel: functionality + form = greatness. Build a beautiful app that is intuitive and easy to use.
Have any N1QL questions?
Check out our forums https://www.couchbase.com/forums/c/n1ql. Maybe there’s already an answer, or if it’s a new question, please ask us!
· Gerald Sangudi, Chief Architect of N1QL at Couchbase
· Keshav Murthy, Director for N1QL at Couchbase
· Kyle Porter, Solutions Engineer at Simba Technologies
· Casey Bison, Product Marketing at Joyent
Official Contest Rules
*Read the official contest rules posted https://goo.gl/u1dpUV
Good luck building your applications using Couchbase Server 4.0 Beta