MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.—June 10, 2018– Couchbase, creator of the world’s first Engagement Database, today announced another excellent year of growth and accelerating momentum following its East Coast user conference, Couchbase Connect New York, which included more than 400 customer, partner, and developer attendees, and the launch of Couchbase Managed Cloud and Couchbase Server 5.5. Couchbase also announced its first office in Paris to support significantly increasing sales in this region.
Today’s enterprises seek competitive advantages by using a modern database to underpin application development and create engaging digital experiences. And as this demand for highly agile, scalable database technology surges, Couchbase’s success has grown commensurately. Over the past year, the company continued to grow headcount aggressively and achieved 60% percent year-over-year revenue growth by delivering major product updates to the Couchbase Data Platform, launching the company’s formal global partner program, expanding its leadership bench, and expanding its marquee customer base. Key business highlights include:
Expanded World-Class Executive Leadership Team
Couchbase further expanded its executive bench with the appointments of Robin Schulman as Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary, and Jessica Yuen as Chief People Officer.
Expanded Couchbase Customer Base
New logos from around the world include: YapStone, a leading provider of online and mobile payment solutions for global marketplaces; SyncThink, a world leader in neuro-technology; The Cincinnati Reds, 5-time World Series champions; FSI FM Ltd., a global-leader in CAFM software; and Norwegian Cruise Lines.
Introduced exciting new products to market
Couchbase uniquely helps enterprises create exceptional engagements for customers and employees with its unmatched developer agility, flexibility, and unparalleled performance at any scale on the easiest platform to manage. Latest innovations include:
- Couchbase Mobile 2.0 enables enterprises to extend business-critical applications to the edge quickly, easily, and securely to deliver exceptional experiences across all mobile touchpoints.
- Couchbase Managed Cloud, a fully-managed database service that allows IT teams to solve cloud and database infrastructure challenges and reallocate resources towards business initiatives that drive growth.
- Couchbase Server 5.5, the latest version of the Couchbase Data Platform, combines the power of SQL and the flexibility of JSON to offer simplified application management and operational agility.
Launched Global Partner Program to Accelerate Adoption of Engagement Database Technology
Couchbase PartnerEngage gives resellers, consultants, and technology providers a head-start in harnessing the fast-growing Engagement Database market.
Earned respected industry recognition
- Red Hat’s 2018 Summit “Land and Expand” Growth ISV Partner of the Year Award – Couchbase was recognized by Red Hat and the OpenShift team for its technical vision and leadership.
- CRN’s 2018 Partner Program Guide 5-Star rating – Couchbase was recognized alongside an elite subset of companies that offer solution providers the best partnering elements in their channel programs.
- CRN’s 2018 Women of the Channel – Couchbase’s Lauren Duda, Senior Director, WW Partner Marketing and Development, was named to its prestigious 2018 Women of the Channel list.
- Constellation ShortList™ for Hybrid- and Cloud-Friendly NoSQL Stores – Couchbase was named for offering the key requirements for early adopters pursuing digital transformation initiatives.
- Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ – Couchbase ranked No. 120 for its revenue growth of 1,000+ percent on Deloitte’s 2017 listing
- Datanami Readers’ Choice Award – Couchbase was recognized with four honors by Datanami’s readers: Best Big Data Product or Technology: Operational Platform (NoSQL), Top Big Data Achievement: GE Predix’s implementation of Couchbase Mobile, Top 5 Vendors to Watch, Top 5 Open Source Projects to Watch
“As we reflect on Couchbase’s accelerating momentum over ten consecutive quarters, we are both thrilled and humbled by our success, and we are even more excited for the opportunities that lie ahead for the rest of 2018,” said Matt Cain, President and CEO of Couchbase. “Our company’s leading position and product innovation is truly a function of our people, our customers and our partners, and we look forward to continuing our journey to become the next great enterprise software company.”
The success of Couchbase Connect NY will be replicated for Couchbase Connect EU, taking place in London this week.