bits per minute processed
funded accounts served
- Oracle was difficult and expensive to adapt for object-oriented languages, scalability, and continuous deliverability
- Betfair was using numerous NoSQL solutions that weren’t optimal for their use cases
- Had to process volatile data sets for real-time betting for millions of users
- Easy-to-use database for developers and operations, plus the ideal infrastructure for virtualization and cloud
- Improved performance, flexibility, and scalability of NoSQL deployments
- Betfair processes over 30,000 bets per minute across 140 countries for more than 4 million accounts
Couchbase Server is designed for massively concurrent data use and consistently high throughput. It provides consistent sub-millisecond response times which help ensure an enjoyable experience for application users.
Alexandru Objelean Senior Software Engineer, Betfair
Introduction to Couchbase NoSQL Database
An overview by Betfair: providing consistency and outstanding performance at the same time with Couchbase.
Online Betting Beats the Odds
A look at how online betting sites are using database technology to meet the huge demand.
NoSQL for Media & Entertainment
Meet user demand while maintaining uptime for your applications with Couchbase's NoSQL database solution for media and entertainment companies.
Build enterprise-grade Customer 360 solutions that deliver an accurate, real-time view of customers across all channels and devices.
Catalog & Inventory Management
Deliver relevant product content and real-time inventory availability.