Stack Overflow releases a survey of the developer community every year. This is the 12th annual survey, and I’m very excited at the changes and improvements that have gone into it.
Who is a “Developer”?
There’s often gatekeeping around who is a developer or what makes a “real developer.” Stack Overflow makes it easy: a developer is someone who has written code.
So, if you’ve written ANY code…
- Used one of the many Couchbase SDKs? You’re a developer for sure.
- Queried using SQL++? Copy/pasted into Query Workbench? You’re a developer.
- Tried out the Couchbase Playground? You’re a developer.
- Wrote some HTML for WordPress? Modified an email template? You’re a developer.
- Are you in the 6th grade and you created something in Scratch? You’re a developer!
Take the Stack Overflow survey!
The Stack Overflow developer survey is very influential and helps everyone understand the developer community better.
You have a chance to make your voice heard!
It’s not very long, maybe 10 minutes. You don’t need a Stack Overflow account to participate (but since you’re a developer, you should create a StackOverflow account eventually).