After multiple sneak peeks at what was coming in Couchbase Server 4.0 (4.0 developer preview in April, 4.0 beta in June, and 4.0 release candidate in August), I’m very pleased to announce that our biggest and a major release for the company, Couchbase Server 4.0, is now available for download.
I would like to thank our awesome developer community and beta customers for their deep engagement, and for constantly testing and providing feedback on 4.0 in general, and specifically on N1QL.
Here are some of the key innovations in 4.0 –
- Simplified Development
- Simplicity of SQL Combined with the Flexibility of JSON: N1QL, our New Query Language
- Integrated BI with ODBC/JDBC drivers
- Spatial Queries for Location Aware Applications
- New Frameworks and Languages – LINQ, Spring, Go
- Improved Performance
- New Indexing for Responsive N1QL Queries with Global Secondary Indexing (GSI)
- Multi-Dimensional Scaling for Independently Scaling Queries and Indexing
- Advanced Storage Engine: ForestDB
- Simplified Security Compliance
- Improved HA & DR
- Powerful Global Data Distribution with Cross Datacenter Replication Filtering
- Improved Data Protection with Lower latency XDCR
- Connected Big Data Experience
- Improved Provisioning
- Deployment with High Performance Containers: Docker
- Expanded Public and Private Cloud Support – AWS, Azure, Joyent, Cisco, Verizon
- New Enterprise Platforms – SUSE Enterprise Linux 11, Oracle Linux 6
- Couchbase Developer Portal: Enhanced Couchbase Developer Documentation with a new Portal
- Couchbase Server http://developer.couchbase.com/server
- Couchbase Mobile http://developer.couchbase.com/mobile
To learn more, join us at our Couchbase Live New York event and also check out our new Online On-Demand Training sessions.
Here are some resources to get you started –
- What’s New in Couchbase Server 4.0 documentation: http://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/server/4.0/introduction/whats-new.html
- Download Couchbase Server 4.0: http://www.couchbase.com/download
- Couchbase Server documentation: http://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/server/4.0/introduction/intro.html
- Release Notes for 4.0: http://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/server/4.0/release-notes/relnotes-40-ga.html
- Couchbase ODBC and JDBC Drivers with SQL Connector: http://www.simba.com/connectors/couchbase-odbc-jdbc-drivers
Visit our Couchbase Server page for more details on the 4.0 release.