PayPal, Orbitz, Nielsen and McGraw-Hill Education Among Companies to Share NoSQL Strategies for Mobile and Web Applications
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – September 5, 2013 – Couchbase, a leader in NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, will host Couchbase [SF], its annual user conference, on Friday, September 13, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT at the Mission Bay Conference Center in downtown San Francisco.
The event will bring together database industry experts and members of the global Couchbase user community to share insights on the web and mobile applications that are driving the massive growth of NoSQL in the world’s largest enterprises. There are three tracks with over 30 sessions focused on real-life use cases, large-scale administration and operations, and developing with Couchbase. Register by Friday, September 5 to receive $50 off your full-day pass with code COUCHBASE50. Group discounts are also available.
Couchbase [SF] Agenda Highlights
- GigaOM analyst Rich Morrow will lead a panel on “The Future of Mobile” with Couchbase partners from Appcelerator, Apperian, PhoneGap and Xamarin.
- Anil Madan, head of global engineering for PayPal Media Network, will lead a discussion on how Couchbase delivers real-time analytics and scalable audience profiling for their ad platform.
- Steven Young, head of Orbitz site reliability and platform engineering, will share best practices on consolidation for ease of management and support and how to avoid over committing resources.
- Darrell Pratt, lead architect for Nielsen Company’s Global Buy Platform, will share their implementation of Couchbase as the real-time data store supporting their project for clients in the consumer packaged goods industry.
- Ido Shilon, head of LivePerson’s R&D Group, will discuss how Couchbase assists the company in enabling over 8,500 global businesses to intelligently engage with more than 450 million users each month.
- Christopher Tse, director of R&D at McGraw-Hill Education's Digital Platform Group, will provide insight on the benefits of NoSQL in the digital learning environment.
- In-depth “Couchbase Clusters,” will cover topics on cross data center replication (XDCR), full-text search with Couchbase, server-side architecture, benchmarking Couchbase, and more.
“The anticipated turnout for Couchbase [SF] only adds to reports that the database industry is shifting to adopt NoSQL,” said Couchbase CEO Bob Wiederhold. “The conference will bring together some of the best and brightest in our industry, and we expect our partners, customers and industry peers will walk away from the event with insider insights to help their organizations get ahead of the NoSQL curve.”
- Register to attend Couchbase [SF]
- Visit www.couchbase.com
- Follow @Couchbase on Twitter
- Read Couchbase CEO Bob Wiederhold’s blogs
Modern customer experiences need a flexible database platform that can power applications spanning from cloud to edge and everything in between. Couchbase’s mission is to simplify how developers and architects develop, deploy and consume modern applications wherever they are. We have reimagined the database with our fast, flexible and affordable cloud database platform Capella, allowing organizations to quickly build applications that deliver premium experiences to their customers– all with best-in-class price performance. More than 30% of the Fortune 100 trust Couchbase to power their modern applications. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com and follow us on Twitter @couchbase