NoSQL Leader extends scalability and performance advantages within and across data centers
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – September 13, 2013 – Couchbase, a leader in NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, today announced the availability of Couchbase Server 2.2, the latest release of its NoSQL document-oriented database. Today’s release further strengthens Couchbase’s leadership in scalability, performance and always-on reliability for enterprises deployed on large clusters both within and across data centers.
Couchbase Server 2.2 includes significant improvements across several areas critical to enterprise customers. Customers adopting NoSQL specifically look for seamless cross cluster support and by using Couchbase can setup cross cluster replication with just a few clicks. Cross Data Center Replication (XDCR) is a key differentiator for Couchbase, with large enterprises choosing Couchbase as the NoSQL database of choice for their most demanding web and mobile applications. In particular, this release adds a dramatic improvement in performance and resource utilization for XDCR.
Highlights of this release include:
- XDCR Optimization
- Advanced cross data center replication optimization provides a new version of the protocol directly utilizing the memcached protocol, resulting in significantly improved throughput across clusters with lower resource utilization.
- Administration, Monitoring and Manageability
- Updated cbHealthChecker utility monitors the health of a cluster and provides advanced diagnostic capabilities, including information about capacity planning.
- New administrative utility cbrecovery provides granular cluster recovery capabilities using data from remote Couchbase clusters.
- Read-only administration through the Couchbase Admin Console and the REST API designed for enterprise operations teams.
- Delegated non-root and non-sudo administration, particularly important for development and testing within the enterprise.
- “Couchbase is being used by the largest companies in the world for their most critical web and mobile applications. This release further differentiates Couchbase as the NoSQL database of choice for customers that depend on the scalability, performance and reliability we deliver both within and between data centers.” – Rahim Yaseen, Senior Vice President, Engineering, Couchbase
- Visit community portal for developers
- Download Couchbase Server 2.2
- Follow @Couchbase on Twitter
- Read Couchbase Anil Kumar's blog
Modern customer experiences need a flexible database platform that can power applications spanning from cloud to edge and everything in between. Couchbase’s mission is to simplify how developers and architects develop, deploy and consume modern applications wherever they are. We have reimagined the database with our fast, flexible and affordable cloud database platform Capella, allowing organizations to quickly build applications that deliver premium experiences to their customers– all with best-in-class price performance. More than 30% of the Fortune 100 trust Couchbase to power their modern applications. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com and follow us on Twitter @couchbase