I am thrilled to announce that our brand new product Couchbase Autonomous Operator for Kubernetes is now officially GA!
We are the first NoSQL database to launch a production-ready Kubernetes operator for open source Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift.
Couchbase Autonomous Operator enables enterprises to quickly adopt the Couchbase Engagement Database in production, create, and modernize their applications for the microservices era, both in multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud environments. Now, developers can create apps that easily harness the value of Kubernetes platforms to deliver the scale, agility, and velocity their businesses require.
Reference architecture of the Couchbase Autonomous Operator –
What is supported in 1.0?
The 1.0 release includes a ton of exciting new capabilities:
- Automated cluster provisioning
- Automated failure recovery with custom Couchbase-specific automation
- On-demand dynamic scaling
- Centralized configuration management
- Enterprise-grade high availability features
- Cross datacenter replication (XDCR)
- Rack/zone awareness
- Auto-failover capabilities in Couchbase Server 5.5.1
- Production-grade supportability features
- Production certification of Open Source Kubernetes and RedHat OpenShift Container platforms
1.0 key benefits:
- Easily deploy, manage, and monitor Couchbase Data Platform by running natively on Kubernetes and OpenShift platforms
- Deliver hybrid cloud and multi-cloud strategy for easier migration from any cloud vendor
- Run and scale stateful applications autonomously for faster innovation
- Deploy automated operational best practices for greater development and DevOps efficiency
While Couchbase Autonomous Operator 1.0 is a groundbreaking new release from a product perspective, one of the reasons I’m so excited about this release is because we have partnered so closely with our customers, community, and partners throughout the product development cycle. In fact, with our 3 incremental beta releases [0.7, 0.8, 0.9], we had over 3 dozen customers and community users participating in our beta program.
A few of my favorites quotes and tweets:
“As a software engineer, one of the things I am least excited about is managing shell scripts. The Couchbase Autonomous Operator for Kubernetes alleviates that pain and completely automates management of Couchbase on our Kubernetes cluster. It’s a game changer.”
–David Downey, Software Developer, BD Global Health
“The Couchbase Autonomous Operator for Kubernetes is a marvelous addition to the Couchbase ecosystem, reducing our IT administration overhead by at least 80 percent. It sets the bar for all other clustered databases in any cloud environment.”
–Brant Burnett, Systems Architect, CenterEdge
Here are few resources on Couchbase Autonomous Operator 1.0: