Amazon, McGraw Hill, Mirror Image, Nielsen, Viber and WebMD Share Best Practices for Running Scalable, High Performance NoSQL to Support Mission Critical Applications
NEW YORK, New York – May 28, 2014 – Couchbase, provider of the most complete NoSQL database, will host its east coast user event Couchbase Live New York 2014 on Tuesday, June 3 at the new Conrad Hotel in Manhattan. Couchbase Live (#CBliveNYC) is a one-day, two-track event and developer hackathon that offers attendees a unique opportunity to learn why businesses around the world select Couchbase Server to support their mission critical applications.
“Couchbase is the NoSQL database of choice for enterprises requiring high performance at scale. Our Live events are designed for customers and prospects to learn best practices for building and implementing successful NoSQL Big Data strategies,” said Bob Wiederhold, CEO Couchbase. “In addition to great use cases, attendees are going to get a sneak peak at N1QL, our SQL like query language currently in development, and Couchbase Server 3.0, which includes many new features that extend our lead as the most scalable platform for mission critical, enterprise applications.”
Industry Leaders Share Best Practices
More than half the sessions at Couchbase Live NYC will be led by customers and partners. These sessions will include best practices for deploying Couchbase in an enterprise setting. Customer and partner sessions will include:
- Beyond the Data Center: NoSQL at Global Scale with AWS, presented by Matt Yanchyshyn, Ecosystem Architect, Amazon
- Scale and Performance at the Edge Using Couchbase XDCR, presented by Ben Wyckoff, Chief Architect, Mirror Image
- Managing Big Data Challenges with Couchbase, presented by Darrell Pratt, Architect Leader, GPS, Nielsen
- Performance at Scale: Viber Keynote, presented by Amir Ish-Shalom, System Architect, Viber
- How WebMD Maintains Operational Flexibility with NoSQL, presented by Matt Wilson, WebMD
In Depth Technical Sessions Designed to Build and Sharpen NoSQL Skills
Sessions led by Couchbase product management and engineering will include best practices and technical deep dives with specific how-to examples for Couchbase products including Couchbase Mobile, as well as a preview of Couchbase Server 3.0 and Couchbase N1QL – a completely new SQL-like, query language for NoSQL.
Technical sessions will include:
- A N1QL for Every Query, presented by Gerald Sangudi, Architect, Couchbase
- Brace Yourself! Your Document Model in Couchbase, presented by Matthew Revell, Technical Evangelist, Couchbase
- Visualizing a Couchbase Server in Flight, presented by Matt Ingenthron, Director of Developer Solutions, Couchbase
- Couchbase on the JVM beyond Java: Scala, Play, Clojure and More, presented by Matt Ingenthron, Director of Developer Solutions, Couchbase
- Enabling Always Available Mobile Apps: Couchbase Mobile, presented by Wayne Carter, Chief Mobile Architect and Chris Anderson, Co-founder, Couchbase
Lightning Hackathon Challenges Developers to Build for Big Data Scale Requirements
In addition to the track sessions, Couchbase is challenging the best of the best to put Couchbase Server to the test. Developers from the Eastern seaboard are invited to build on the power of Couchbase Server. They will compete to see who can mine the most data the fastest: the more data they mine, the further they can scale; the further they scale, the more data they can mine! In this fast paced two-hour hackathon, developers will have a chance to show off their NoSQL skills by leveraging the power of Couchbase Server.
Register for Couchbase Live New York 2014 today, and find out more about the event using the #CBliveNYC hashtag on Twitter.
- Visit www.couchbase.com
- Follow @Couchbase on Twitter
- Search #CBliveNYC on Twitter
At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers a high-performance, flexible, and scalable modern database that runs across the data center and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.