Couchbase Announces Couchbase UK 2013
February 26, 2013
Popular NoSQL user conference returns to London, features customer speakers from Betfair, The Hut Group, and Skyscanner
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA – February 26, 2013 – Couchbase, a leader in NoSQL database technology and the company behind the Couchbase open source project, today announced that Couchbase UK 2013 will take place on April 11 at the Congress Centre in London, and is expected to draw more than 200 attendees from across Europe. The one-day, two-track event offers 15 technical presentations by Couchbase experts, including speakers from Betfair, The Hut Group, and Skyscanner, with basic to advanced topics for those exploring or using NoSQL or Couchbase Server. In addition, Couchbase will offer Couchbase Server training on April 9-10, with two-day in-depth sessions for developers and administrators.
“This is a great time for Couchbase, as we continue to see growing customer momentum as well as accelerating community involvement with the Couchbase open source project,” said Bob Wiederhold, CEO of Couchbase. “Last year’s event in London was a great success and we’re looking forward to hosting Couchbase UK 2013 to again provide a venue where developers and users – whether they’re new to NoSQL or more experienced with Couchbase – can absorb great content and gain valuable connections that enable them to succeed and expand in their adoption of NoSQL technology.”
- Featured speakers include:
- Tim Morrow, Head of Sports Delivery, and Abe Ingersoll, Principal Site Reliability Engineer, Betfair. Betfair, one of the world’s largest international online sports betting providers, was looking for non-relational database options to power their consumer-facing web and mobile businesses. In this keynote session, attendees will hear how Betfair came to choose Couchbase, and create and deploy the product into operation in Betfair’s production systems.
- Chris Woods, Architect, The Hut Group. The Hut Group is the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer. Attendees will hear about the company’s experience with Couchbase during the 2012 e-commerce holiday peak season, and get a preview of their pilot projects with Couchbase and Elasticsearch.
- Alistair Hann, CTO, Skyscanner. Alistair will highlight how Couchbase delivers the scalability and performance needed to support this fast-growing global travel search site.
- Technology updates, including what’s new with Couchbase Server 2.0 and live demos
- A technically rich agenda, packed with breakout sessions for Couchbase developers and administrators including:
- Basics for developing with Couchbase as well as advanced development topics
- Best practices for running Couchbase 24x7, plus troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Migrating from relational to schema-less databases
- How to evaluate and benchmark NoSQL solutions
- Building mobile applications with NoSQL
- Genius bar for connecting with Couchbase experts and session speakers
- Post-conference London pub crawl (hosted by Couchbase)
- Online registration is available on the Couchbase website, where attendees can purchase early bird tickets through March 15, 2013.
Couchbase's mission is to be the data platform that revolutionizes digital innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created the world's first Engagement Database to help deliver ever-richer and ever more personalized customer and employee experiences. Built with the most powerful NoSQL technology, the Couchbase Data Platform was architected on top of an open source foundation for the massively interactive enterprise. Our geo-distributed Engagement Database provides unmatched developer agility and manageability, as well as unparalleled performance at any scale, from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Cisco, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names. For more information, visit www.couchbase.com.
Couchbase in news and press
How can we help you?
All fields must be filled out unless marked (optional)