vessels across 10 cruise lines
passengers aboard the ships
uptime for ship operations
- Slow and unreliable network connectivity at sea
- Difficulty capturing and reacting to passenger activity in order to provide highly personalized experiences
- Real-time responsiveness wasn’t achievable without high scalability for vast amounts of personalized data
- OceanMedallion system captures and matches behavior-based preferences by guests, increasing brand loyalty and upsells
- Automatic syncing to geographically convenient AWS data centers provides real-time speed impervious to internet disruption
- Guest profiles and preference data are securely stored for future voyages
Right now, we produce more information on a single MedallionClass cruise than would have been created in the whole history of the cruise line. All that intelligence has to be processed on the edge so it can be invested back into the guest experience in real time.
John Padgett President at Carnival Corporation
Smooth sailing with Couchbase
Join Carnival VP of Technology Platform Strategy as he discusses the company's revolutionary OCEAN experience platform.
Transforming customer experience
Learn how travel and hospitality customers like Marriott, Amadeus, and United are transforming their customer experience.
NoSQL for travel & hospitality
Learn how Couchbase delivers the scale, high performance, and reliability today's travel and hospitality applications require.
Create mobile, IoT, and edge apps
Deliver fast, always-on mobile and IoT apps that are reliable, secure, consistent apps that work with or without internet.
Securely sync data from any cloud to the edge regardless of internet connectivity and speed, guaranteeing that applications are always fast and always on.