What is LDAP and what about behind that

Hey Guys,
What is LDAP and what about behind that

https://docs.couchbase.com/server/current/manage/manage-security/configure-ldap.html#examples-on-this-page-node-addition

I want to do LDAP though the authentication of Administrator but I’m not understanding that what is two external IP addresses which is in attachment below. could you give me some idea about that two external IP’s.

Actually I have created couchbase with full administrator credential and also created two or more user with some credential and I want to set LDAP between these Users, how can I do?

Or

Big picture is that I have set LDAP with another node or cluster ? Is this what I’m thinking right?

LDAP is an open protocol used mainly for authentication, wikipedia covers it in more detail. OpenLDAP is a commonly used LDAP server. LDAP is normally uses when organisation wants centralised authenticate and management of users and groups across multiple applications like, Operating System, Databases, management interfaces, etc.

With regards to Couchbase Server, it can use an LDAP server to do external authenticate and validation of users. It can also manage users and groups internally without using external provider like LDAP.

Whatever you said I understood but what about that two IP Address(172.23.124.25, 172.23.124.26) in attachment which is selected . Are these separate running nodes? Apart from fully Administrator running node at 10.143.192.101

but what about that two IP Address(172.23.124.25, 172.23.124.26) in attachment which is selected

They are the IP addresses of the LDAP servers that you have access to,.