XDCR remove document action not replicated on Couchbase Server 5.0.0 CE

Hi!

Yesterday I made some upgrades (Couchbase 4.5.1 CE -> Couchbase 5.0.0 CE) on production servers and noticed that XDCR is not working as it should. There is a mismatch between clusters and it seems that it’s something related to deleting documents on the second cluster when it was deleted on the first one.

I’m using 2 different servers in different DC, on each server running 1 Couchbase instance - both are connected using bidirectional XDCR.

I’ve found this ticket in your JIRA: https://issues.couchbase.com/projects/MB/issues/MB-26779?filter=allopenissues
It looks similar.

Can you confirm that there’s an issue with XDCR in Couchbase 5.0.0 CE?
Do you plan to release a hotfix?

Best regards,
Maciej

Am I the only one having this problem?

Anything? I am convinced it’s a bug which shouldn’t be released.

This happens for me as well… New docs are synced but sometime updates (new revs) are not synced between 2 clusters in 5.0.o CE

Happy to hear it’s not only my problem. Have you found any workaround?
I’m waiting for any response from Couchbase Inc. team almost a week and it looks we have to deal with it until they release a fix in the next 6 months… this is how their release pipeline look like. Pathetic.

Anything on that? Issue is still there and I can’t see any hotfix.

If you had issues with only update/deletion actions and not new documents, it may not be the same issue as that in https://issues.couchbase.com/projects/MB/issues/MB-26779?filter=allopenissues.

Can you attach cbcollect logs from both clusters?

Hi,

Thank you for notifying us about the bug here. This has come to our notice and we are working on the fix. You can expect a patch for this issue to be available in a week.

-Chaitra

@ysui6888 @chaitra.ramarao Thanks for your response(s)!
Do you need logs if the problem was already spotted on your end as well? Will you release docker images for CE too? I’m using your official images :slight_smile:

Thanks again!
Maciej

Hi ,
Yes, we will be releasing the docker images as well.
Please feel free to share any information eg. logs that you have. It’s always helpful to double check :slightly_smiling_face:

Great! Good to hear that you remember about docker too.
Ok, I have to find useful logs then. I will describe what I’ve noticed as well, maybe attach some screenshots. Stay tuned!

Hi,

We have pushed 5.0.1 today.
It might take a few hours to reflect especially on docker.

Please do check it out and let us know if you have concerns :slight_smile:

-Chaitra

Hi @chaitra.ramarao,
Thanks for letting me know. Just pushed 5.0.1 to production and everything looks good so far.
Good job! I really like your products :slight_smile:
Best, Maciej