Is there an Couchbase-Server docker image for version 5.x with Mac M1 chip?

I am trying to install a couchbase-server in my mac with m1 chip, but the recently image version is from 7.x which is quite different from the version of 5.x I am using in my work.

Hello @Jip,

Thank you for using Couchbase and contributing to our forums.
Couchbase Server 5.0 reached End Of Maintenance quite a while ago in 2018 , so we do not have any planned improvements for this release. We would suggest that you upgrade to Couchbase Server 7.1.0 and take advantage of the many improvements we’ve added over the years.

Thanks,
Ian McCloy (Couchbase, Principal Product Manager)

Hi @ianmccloy,

Thank you for your kindly advice.Actually I’m moving from 5.0 to 7.1.0, and that takes quite a while because the SDKs and data structures are both updated, meanwhile I need to develop on the old version.
I found that the earliest version of docker image for M1 chip is couchbase/server:7.1.0-aarch64, no more earlier version right?

Thanks,
Jip

Hello @Jip

That’s correct the earliest version of the docker image for M1 (ARM v8) is 7.1.0.
Note, you can use earlier versions of Couchbase Server on an Apple Silicon M1 machine in macOS, by installing it natively without a container. This is made possible by the use of the Rosetta 2 emulation layer present in macOS.

Thanks,
Ian

Hi @ianmccloy ,

That’s great, I’ll try it.

Thanks,
Jip