I’m posting my issue here because I can’t seem to resolve it, and couldn’t find any answers.
I tried to run Couchbase 3 (4 as well on one machine) on Windows 8.1. Everything is fine actually, as long as I try to access the server only from the machine its running on. But if I try on another machine, the connection times out (with telnet as well).
- I disabled the firewall on both sides and the issue persisted (on ports 8091, 8092, 18091, 11211).
- I ran an apache webserver on port 8091 instead of couchbase and that worked just fine.
- My other client-server traffics works fine as well (tried on 5010, 8093)
- With netlimiter I monitored the incoming connection to couchbase on one machine, and it came in fine, but after I allowed it, the connection still timed out.
- I checked to see if it was listening properly on 0.0.0.0:8091, and it was, but telnet still times out and netlimiter shows an incoming connection to erl.exe.
I chatted a bit with ingenthr (thanks for the help!) on the couchbase irc channel, but we couldn’t work it out.
So are there any others that tried to run Couchbase 3 on Windows 8.1? Did it work or not? I’ve searched for similar issues, but they’re all different sadly (not running locally, not even installing on win8, etc.), it’s just the remote connections that don’t seem to work.