Couchbase on Amazon Windows Server 2012

Hi,

I am trying to connect to Couchbase Community 3.0.1 that is running on Windows Server 2012 (Amazon AWS) from my local .NET app. Machine has Firewall disabled, but .NET client still throws error with 11210 port. During installation of Couchbase Server i used public DNS as hostname… I am able to connect to Control Panel from browser on my local PC, but not .NET web app…

Any ideas? Anybody faced similar issues?

ADD: a small note to here - exception error has IP address instead of DNS hostname: “A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 52.28.51.207:11210”. Couchbase Initial Setup does not allow to use this IP though…

Ok, resolved this one. Seem to be internal network issue. From different location works just fine.

3 Likes

That’s great I’m really glad you were able to resolve it, how did you do this? It might help us to do a blog post so others can solve this also

thanks

Laura

Hi,

As i wrote a problem was not in couchbase or .net client settings, but in network settings in general. I had OutBound domain controller rules to block some of needed ports therefore connection to COuchbase server over port 11210 (in my case) was blocked.

1 Like